GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI MK7 Stage 1 Mounts review

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I'm not saying he won't be back, but he hasn't logged onto this sight in over a year and it's been 2 years since he's posted anything.

carterruss

Ready to race!
Sorry I had to revive this thread! Hopefully you still have your car. Having the bfi stage 1 mounts for few years now, any updates? How are they holding up?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I ended up selling the car about 16 months ago. But I did have about 8k miles on the mounts when I sold it. Held up well till that point. My only complaint is I had a decent amount of clutch chatter in the winter months with the trans mount. Other than that I was thoroughly impressed with the mounts.

Shaggz

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry I had to revive this thread! Hopefully you still have your car. Having the bfi stage 1 mounts for few years now, any updates? How are they holding up?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have the full stage 2 kit from bfi. I'm at 1800 miles on the set up.
Vibration at idle is quite a bit higher than stock.
If I mash the gas on wet roads I get barely any wheel hop. If I launch the car on dry roads I get 0 hop and it plants a lot firmer to the ground

autovelocity

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 R
I installed the BFI Stage 1 on my 2018 R last night and that transmission mount install was a huge pain. I ended up using a dremel to destroy the ECU metal cover rivets (what a dumb design)!!

That said, all the slop is gone and I can shift through the gears much smoother with virtually no jerking motion.
The engine mount alone did not add any vibrations or noise, but after installing the transmission mount thats where I got more noise. Now I can hear the clutch and general higher frequency noise coming from the transmission, which reminds me of a rally car. I LOVE IT

This is how this car should have been from the factory and not use that hideous "sound aktor" to fake the noise.