GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are subies owners all dueche bags

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Had a guy pull up next to me in a shit box Cherokee at a stop light and the passenger rolled down his window and asked me if I wanted to race, so I said sure (knowing he wasn't talking about the Cherokee) he said well not this so I go I know that he said he has a subie I said ok I'll race idc, he says wanna race for $100 I said no I'll race for fun, he proceeded making faces and saying not worth my time so I laughed and said oh your that fast, he says fastest Subaru in the southwest I lol and go ya ok he says 9.5 @154mph, I laughed and go ya ok so long story short I just told him I'm sure I'll see you around town lol, I have seen it driving around, it's not a bad looking car minus no front bumper cause of his intercooler, this guy just had it for sale not long ago for not very much money and the add had a list of some mods and said tuned for e85 which is not available unless you make a 140 mile round trip. I don't know why but this guy bugged the crap out of me, major goober. That's my story and I'm sure I'll see him around, just hope I have tires by then

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
I’ve met some cool ones, but there are definitely those types in all crowds. He better have a built motor and a solid turbo upgrade to be that fast.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I’ve met some cool ones, but there are definitely those types in all crowds. He better have a built motor and a solid turbo upgrade to be that fast.
Ya. I know when it was listed it didn't have all that listed and he wasn't asking much money for a "9 second car". I'll see him on around here and see.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7

Built motor, trans, transfer case, diff... Lots of stuff to take those cars into 9s.

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
Ya. I know when it was listed it didn't have all that listed and he wasn't asking much money for a "9 second car". I'll see him on around here and see.

Your mod list isn’t looking too shabby, give him a good pull from a roll and see what the outcome is.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Your mod list isn’t looking too shabby, give him a good pull from a roll and see what the outcome is.
I plan to when I see him around town but I need tires bad, the stock all seasons just spin and don't hook up with any throttle.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
This is going much better than the last "Subaru drivers are d-bags thread" :D
Lol. I know they are not all db, and that all car groups have there fair share, this guy however was a db, I cant stand people this arrogant.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
This is why when i had my Subie, I made sure I bought a Legacy GT. Didn't want to be associated with all the a$$hole WRX and STi owners in my neck of the woods. Plus the interior and exterior were so much better IMO.

Attachments

• subie2.jpg
    subie2.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 1,199

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I met a Subie driver at CVS one day. He had a brand new STi and came over to me and complimented my car first and we talked about our cars for awhile. Seemed like a nice guy.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
The subie guys (wrx,sti) guys I have met or seen where all arrogant here, the evo guys I have met and/or raced have all been cool. Just here in my area it seems like these subie guys all think they are the fastest street cars on earth and God's gift to racing, even the Honda guys have all been cool

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
TL;DR - Yes.

If you tell them their car is slow they get all butthurt, but its the truth.

Ask me how I know.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Ha, I can't help but think there's one of these threads on every car forum.

I've definitely met some cool, down-to-earth Subaru drivers (I've owned two!) and some real losers. Same for pretty much every group of car enthusiasts.

In my experience GTI and WRX drivers have some of the same unflattering stereotypes (young, vape, bro, etc.).