GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the MK7 GTI ECU Upgrade!

xheartcoreboyx1

c'mon Arin why is the tune not available for ROW?! why always such discrimination by APR! like if waterfest exclusive release wasn't enough! we got our cars first at the other side of the world so logically speaking ROW-tune should've been available first :)

They need to do more testing and review beta testers logs for ROW. We have plenty of box code variations compared to just NA. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
c'mon Arin why is the tune not available for ROW?!

You guys just had a factory update, revision 0007 if I'm not mistaken. So, our german office is testing the update before the release. Our coverage in the ROW is not the same as the USA, especially since we are on different time zones. We want customers to have a really clean and easy experience where they just drive in, and get the software. We didn't want anyone to get turned away due to the code not being ready yet, especially since some of you have a long drive.

:)

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
I see Arin. Thanks for the patience!

One final question, is it possible at all to buy the flashing hardware specific to flash MQB Golf GTI Stage 1 from APR even not being a dealer? So I can flash my own car back and forth?

Unfortunately no.

Noize1

Ready to race!
Need/want more independent testing. Want to see those trap speeds, so get out there and drag race, people! :)

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Need/want more independent testing. Want to see those trap speeds, so get out there and drag race, people! :)

+1.

I'd love to see some dyno numbers (I know, different dynos, different numbers, but I'd like to see what people are putting down on average).

Anybody that has loaded the APR tune willing to flash back to stock and go to VW for ODIS check? lol

Tough ask but someone has to test the theory

Time will tell us, we'll know shortly. ;)

viper689

Ready to race!
Hey Arin, kind of a specific question, but have you guys tried the launch control with the Stage 1 tune? How is it? In terms of wheel spin and get up and go? Thanks!

GoTime1

Ready to race!
Has APR taken their GTI back to stock and then to VW for ODIS check?
What would also matter is the time stamp on the flash. This could be a dead give away. I know it's all smoke and mirrors due to many things. But we would all like some solid information that was promised to us when the SW was released. RIght now we still have hearsay answers.

blackcat1

Banned
Yep. Does anyone know where the timestamp comes from? The date you set on the car or the notebook/pc that flashes it?

Has APR taken their GTI back to stock and then to VW for ODIS check?
What would also matter is the time stamp on the flash. This could be a dead give away. I know it's all smoke and mirrors due to many things. But we would all like some solid information that was promised to us when the SW was released. RIght now we still have hearsay answers.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Too much speculation.

Nothing has changed. If they scan for software, they can find it. If you're flashed to stock, they can't. Time stamps, flash counters, "mysterious boost logs," etc are all hearsay. We reset the flash counter anyways because the internet was freaking out.

blackcat1

Banned
Arin, from what I saw on VCDS, there is a FlashCounter and a Timestamp showing the date you last flashed. Are you telling us that VW dont check for that then?

Too much speculation.

Nothing has changed. If they scan for software, they can find it. If you're flashed to stock, they can't. Time stamps, flash counters, "mysterious boost logs," etc are all hearsay. We reset the flash counter anyways because the internet was freaking out.