GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the MK7 GTI ECU Upgrade!

Austin@GIAC1

Passed Driver's Ed
Since GIAC released their stage 2 today, figured it would be nice to overlay the graphs, more for an idea of their power delivery. Looks like their stock dynos are pretty similar as well except for the bump starting at 3700-4400. Same disclaimer as always (different dynos, different cars, etc)....

Different dyno, different day, differen location, different fuel, one is a drawing. They are not the least bit comparable.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Someone asked before and here are the results. This past summer with our version 1.0 stage 1 file and race fuel, we managed to pull off a 12.6 in the quarter mile before we ran out of time and fuel. Not too shabby for only stage 1, especially since we've made several improvements since then to help with top end power, not to mention stage 2, or better winter temps. This was with a Density Altitude of 1648 feet. Not quite drag racing weather!

Our best tap speed of the day on stage 1 with 93 octane fuel was 110.40 MPH with a density altitude of 1890 feet.

What results are other people seeing?

Hopefully we'll have a chance to head back to the track to test stage 2. Those results should be quite impressive!

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Someone asked before and here are the results. This past summer with our version 1.0 stage 1 file and race fuel, we managed to pull off a 12.6 in the quarter mile before we ran out of time and fuel. Not too shabby for only stage 1, especially since we've made several improvements since then to help with top end power, not to mention stage 2, or better winter temps. This was with a Density Altitude of 1648 feet. Not quite drag racing weather!

Our best tap speed of the day on stage 1 with 93 octane fuel was 110.40 MPH with a density altitude of 1890 feet.

What results are other people seeing?

Hopefully we'll have a chance to head back to the track to test stage 2. Those results should be quite impressive!
Manual or DSG? On radials or slicks? Great time, especially for a Stg 1 car!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Manual or DSG? On radials or slicks? Great time, especially for a Stg 1 car!

DSG with stock DSG calibration. 93 was on a set of BFGoodrich street tires (rivals or sport comp 2's - I'll have to see if I wrote it down anywhere). Race fuel was on M&H and we still only achieved a 2.089 60 foot. I'd like to head back with a little more time, better weather and stage 2. The run above only hit 109 mph (slower than 93) because we ran out of fuel before crossing the line. However, it was the only good race fuel pass we got in before the track closed, and was still really fast for only stage 1.

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
Installed my P3 vent gauge Monday and been keeping an eye on boost and IAT's mostly . Looks like boost peaks at 22 psi on the stage 2 91 octane map . I know it's load based so when it's warmer out it will run more boost to hit target load . IAT's easily rise 30 degrees in say top of second gear all the way through 3rd . Also while monitoring ignition under wot it looks like it's only running 0 degrees advance ramping up to 2 degrees . Seems really low to me but maybe that's just how Apr has it set for the 91 octane map . I need to get a Ross tech cable so I can do some more logging . Also just for kicks I added 1.5 gallons of e85 to half a tank and car ran fine and didn't throw any lean mixture codes .

GoTime1

Ready to race!
Installed my P3 vent gauge Monday and been keeping an eye on boost and IAT's mostly . Looks like boost peaks at 22 psi on the stage 2 91 octane map . I know it's load based so when it's warmer out it will run more boost to hit target load . IAT's easily rise 30 degrees in say top of second gear all the way through 3rd . Also while monitoring ignition under wot it looks like it's only running 0 degrees advance ramping up to 2 degrees . Seems really low to me but maybe that's just how Apr has it set for the 91 octane map . I need to get a Ross tech cable so I can do some more logging . Also just for kicks I added 1.5 gallons of e85 to half a tank and car ran fine and didn't throw any lean mixture codes .
The p3 is great hey. I am peaking around 26psi on the same tune as you. But we dead set in about 30 odd degree Celsius days here. Very hot. That's around 1,83 bar. Settles around 1,4 bar

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
The p3 is great hey. I am peaking around 26psi on the same tune as you. But we dead set in about 30 odd degree Celsius days here. Very hot. That's around 1,83 bar. Settles around 1,4 bar

I absolutely love it! Looks factory and with the price I got it from Redline Motorweks it was too good to pass up.

After some more testing it looks like timing curve on stage 2 91 octane is 2 degrees down low ramping up to 5 at redline. I do wish APR would release a stage 2+ map for cars with aftermarket fmic's that didn't have boost taper so much. They also really should start working on a Golf R turbo tune. Eurydyne is making one, GIAC also has said they're working on one, Unitronic has one. If they don't I may have to jump ship or possibly stack a jb4 on top of APR and let the jb4 handle boost and Apr take care of the rest.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion

DAS_STIG

Banned
I absolutely love it! Looks factory and with the price I got it from Redline Motorweks it was too good to pass up.

After some more testing it looks like timing curve on stage 2 91 octane is 2 degrees down low ramping up to 5 at redline. I do wish APR would release a stage 2+ map for cars with aftermarket fmic's that didn't have boost taper so much. They also really should start working on a Golf R turbo tune. Eurydyne is making one, GIAC also has said they're working on one, Unitronic has one. If they don't I may have to jump ship or possibly stack a jb4 on top of APR and let the jb4 handle boost and Apr take care of the rest.

the boost tapers due to the turbo being well out of its comfort zone and not being able to compress enough air safely at those higher RPMs. also, you think that mixing timing/fueling maps designed to work with specific levels of boost (APR's) with higher boost maps (JB4) is a good idea? wtf mate?

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Obviously a lot slower because of the halogens.

Lol, I wanted to help identify which was which... thats the only reason I put that in there.