GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running Emmanuelle Design springs ?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Talking about these, right?

https://shopdap.com/store/5q0-412-249-e.html

My new ST XTA coils have camber adjustment plates, which replace the strut mounts, right? But I would still want to maybe replace the bearings, which I linked above.. is this all correct? Just making sure I'm understanding everything correctly.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie

My new ST XTA coils have camber adjustment plates, which replace the strut mounts, right? But I would still want to maybe replace the bearings, which I linked above.. is this all correct? Just making sure I'm understanding everything correctly.
Gl. St and kw have lots of noise problems and failures on the mk7 vs mk6

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

Nope...you don't need those with the ST XTA coilovers. The bearing is built into the camber plate

(the ST X, the other ST coilovers, would require those bearings though -- since they reuse the OEM strut mounts)

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
So, I've read through this whole thread and noticed a few people are trimming their OEM Bump Stops. What is the reason for this? I emailed ED, and they said that you DO NOT need to trim them.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
So, I've read through this whole thread and noticed a few people are trimming their OEM Bump Stops. What is the reason for this? I emailed ED, and they said that you DO NOT need to trim them.

In my experience you will always need to trim your bumpstops when lowering your car this much.

Besides it doesn't hurt anything because they are limiters.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
For those of you who have been on these springs for a while, how are they holding up? Are you still as satisfied as when you first installed them? I've been reading that others are saying they settle a lot more over time, and in fact may be lower than ED claims.

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
I've been on ED springs for almost a year now and I still love them. I actually have their rear sway bar also. The springs are holding up very well and have not settled "a lot more." The ride is still as good as it was when I first got them. So to answer your question, I am still very satisfied with my ED springs.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
I've been on ED springs for almost a year now and I still love them. I actually have their rear sway bar also. The springs are holding up very well and have not settled "a lot more." The ride is still as good as it was when I first got them. So to answer your question, I am still very satisfied with my ED springs.

I really like your setup, with the 10/15 spacers and all. Would you mind sending me a few more updated pics?

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
I bought my springs during the group buy also so I guess it has been a year already. Wow, time flies. @SuperDuper, I don't have my spacers on anymore because I have some VMR wheels on now. But when I was on my stocks I had Spulen 10mm front/15mm rear spacers and it fit perfectly.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Awesome. I appreciate all the feedback. Now.. to choose between a 10/15 or a 15/20 setup!

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Awesome. I appreciate all the feedback. Now.. to choose between a 10/15 or a 15/20 setup!

I chose the 15/20 setup based on ECS's specs/testing on 18" factory wheels. They recommend a 10/15 setup for the 19" wheels if I remember correctly, and that's because of a ~4mm difference in starting offset between the 18x7.5" ET 48 wheel and the 19x8 ET 50 wheel.

You can definitely run a less aggressive spacer setup if you have 18's, but if you have 19's then a 10/15 setup will sit very similar to my 15/20 setup.

popnloc

Passed Driver's Ed
I got ED springs, RSB, and rear end links installed by ED themselves about 2 months ago. Initially, the car looked and felt great. Then I noticed a knocking noise whenever I hit a slow speed bump coming from the rear. I took it back to ED, and they tightened up whatever it was. Great service and response!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk