GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC / Driver Assistance Package

apo383821

From VW's Nov 2016 press release:

Volkswagen has developed Traffic Jam Assist on the basis of Lane Assist (lane departure warning system) and ACC (automatic distance control) for all Golf models with a DSG gearbox. The system makes traffic jams or stop-and-go driving in the Golf much more comfortable. It also makes driving in jams safer, as the assistant helps the driver to avoid the rear-end collisions so typical of traffic jams. By combining various assistance systems the Golf is, for the first time, capable of partially automated driving.

Lstorm2003

Passed Driver's Ed
Nate... I am not going to get in to it with you about something that should be common sense to any responsible driving adult. You obviously have your convictions and it is not my intention to change your mind in on this forum. I will, however, address your question as to the "false" statement.

You asked about what makes relying on the ACC in stop and go traffic a safety concern... Think about it... If you are not having your feet/legs in a position to actively drive the car, does that not affect your reaction time in the event of ACC failing to stop you? You mention that your intention is to not hit the gas and brake pedals in stop and go traffic, this would indicate to me that you are positioning your legs in a manner that is not conducive to emergency application of the brakes. In my opinion, this would be a safely concern in stop and go traffic.

In the end... You do you.

Are you guys really serious? I think you need to go find a safe space if you really think it's dangerous to use the adaptive cruise control in stop and go traffic. Clearly it's working as designed, otherwise Volkswagen would automatically disengage it below a certain speed. Nate has it all under control- you can all relax.