GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5150 update wait time

crediem_2

Passed Driver's Ed
That’s a great question and I put a lot of thought into it before I posted but I would say 2 to 3 weeks max? I don’t think it so much that the wait time is excessive but it’s just the fact that there was no expectation set that it might be a long wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that I’m doing research and do other tuners they clearly state on their website their turnaround time for updates.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
That’s a great question and I put a lot of thought into it before I posted but I would say 2 to 3 weeks max? I don’t think it so much that the wait time is excessive but it’s just the fact that there was no expectation set that it might be a long wait.

damn, you're patient! I was going to say, personally, I would think 7-10 business days max would be appropriate. Full disclaimer, I was weary of doing an etune with 5150 due to the wait times, cuz I'm an impatient Millenial, but luckily I only live <10 miles from them and jumped on the dyno. I want you to get your revision(s) for your tune and be happy, because this car is so much more fun.

For guys that have done etunes elsewhere- how much of a difference was there between the base tune you received and your "final" revision? From what I understand, Jon's base tune is pretty bomb as is, probably better than some OTS tunes, and revisions are just to dial in the minutiae and possible turn up/down some stuff.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I've never gone more than 10 days after sending in my logs with stratified. At times I was getting 2 a week. Once go hot busier its gone out to around 10 days.y last revision was 2 weeks apart but I sent logs late and he was at Cobb hq.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Overkill1

I wait almost 2 weeks for a basefile. I recently switched from Eurodyne adjustable is38 to Cobb. His basefile is no joke. Pulls amazing but not looking forward for the long wait for revisions

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I contacted him and asked for a refund and he said that as long as my get my base map I can’t get a refund so just be prepared. Another person I spoke with said they went to their credit card company and the credit card reimbursed them so I think I’m just going to do that instead of PayPal. Someone suggested I email him every week I don’t have time for that nor should I have to. He actually sent me an email last week and said that he found my email from two months ago with my tunes. That makes sense what you said about him getting tons of emails I prob just got lost in the all the others. I’ll give a few more weeks for an update now that he “found” it.

You recieved a basemap plus 3 revisions. Why would you get a refund? Hopefully he gets you those updates soon.

Think some IT people on here need to reach out and help him setup a ticketing system.

There's some free ones out there that would do the job for his size business.
Osticket or spiceworks.

He might have bitten off more than he can chew, but from reading on here, it seems he just doesn't know how to organize and prioritize his time.

Email just doesn't work for what he's trying to do.

He definately needs something like this. I like how stratified is setup with the online forms and stating "sold out" so etunes are not oversold. The 5150 vw etune vw group has over 300 members so if all those folks as well as others ask for weekly updates that must be a nightmare to organize.

I wait almost 2 weeks for a basefile. I recently switched from Eurodyne adjustable is38 to Cobb. His basefile is no joke. Pulls amazing but not looking forward for the long wait for revisions

Why the switch? Are you manual? Custom tuning can be done through maestro.

Overkill1

You recieved a basemap plus 3 revisions. Why would you get a refund? Hopefully he gets you those updates soon.

He definately needs something like this. I like how stratified is setup with the online forms and stating "sold out" so etunes are not oversold. The 5150 vw etune vw group has over 300 members so if all those folks as well as others ask for weekly updates that must be a nightmare to organize.

Why the switch? Are you manual? Custom tuning can be done through maestro.

I was going to go mastreo just personal preference honestly. I am manual with stock very rare unicorn clutch lol. Have the funds for a clutch just waiting for this one to give out

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I was going to go mastreo just personal preference honestly. I am manual with stock very rare unicorn clutch lol. Have the funds for a clutch just waiting for this one to give out

Cobb is the only tuning option with LC and NLFS for manuals but not sure if all the bugs have been worked out. But once they are, those would be a great feature for manuals. Also, i'm sure once the tune is turned up that stock clutch will not last very long at all.

Navi

Autocross Champion
just called Alex to have my launch control lowered to 2000 rpm with each slot being 500 rpm increments to experiment around. I felt the 4000 rpm one cobb uses is way too high. Alex was super nice about it and responsive. Just being able to call and talk to the actual tuner is worth its weight in gold. I never got support like that with 5150.

Last edited:

NomadEA888

Passed Driver's Ed
Cobb is the only tuning option with LC and NLFS for manuals but not sure if all the bugs have been worked out. But once they are, those would be a great feature for manuals. Also, i'm sure once the tune is turned up that stock clutch will not last very long at all.

One thing i dont think cobb allows over the other tuners is brake boost.