GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5150 update wait time

crediem_2

Passed Driver's Ed
I have no dealings with 5150 but have had similar experience of lack of communication and customer service from some shops as of late and don’t understand how some stay in business.

As a small business operator myself I understand there are lots of places for people to spend their $$ so you need to offer something to them the others can’t give them and customer service is job one....

Hope he’s reading this to get the feedback you all are so nicely putting forth!!

I couldn’t agree more. I think this is my biggest gripe, it’s not that the tunes I’ve received are not up to par, it’s that there has been little communication. Even a courtesy email saying it’s going to be a month before an update would have gone a long way. Or something saying that my tunes are looking really good and I don’t need another update. I just feel like he’s left me hanging I didn’t pay $200 to get a pro tune and now have no idea where I stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crediem_2

Passed Driver's Ed
He just did a live 2 hour etune session with 20+ customers today. That would have been a good time to get some etune updates immediately. Also he has a scheduled time for when he looks at logs and updates tunes if needed. Are you on the 5150 vw etune facebook group?

I emailed my logs before this event and entered into the group text and said I did not receive any updates nor did I receive any Confirmation that any of my information was excepted or that I would be part of that live tune. I thought that would be a great opportunity to get one as well but I have still yet to receive any reply. And I am in the fb group.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I'll just leave this here, implying it's all well worth it...

Stock car

Last edited:

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I emailed my logs before this event and entered into the group text and said I did not receive any updates nor did I receive any Confirmation that any of my information was excepted or that I would be part of that live tune. I thought that would be a great opportunity to get one as well but I have still yet to receive any reply. And I am in the fb group.

What issue(s) are you having that need to be corrected? Are you waiting to turn up the boost/timing? Are you getting knock? I hate being an apologist for anyone/anything, but he does state that his base tunes are perfectly safe to run.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
He just did a live 2 hour etune session with 20+ customers today. That would have been a good time to get some etune updates immediately. Also he has a scheduled time for when he looks at logs and updates tunes if needed. Are you on the 5150 vw etune facebook group?

The group is pretty helpful.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
No one is questioning the quality of the tune. It's the customer service. Half a year or more for a tune though? Might as well have spent an extra 300 and got a pro tune in a dyno. Each revision is more than safe to run full time for sure it's just the feeling of being unfinished sucks knowing there's more room.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
No one is questioning the quality of the tune. It's the customer service. Half a year or more for a tune though? Might as well have spent an extra 300 and got a pro tune in a dyno. Each revision is more than safe to run full time for sure it's just the feeling of being unfinished sucks knowing there's more room.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Completely understood. I blame George with Burger for setting the bar so high with customer service for us.

crediem_2

Passed Driver's Ed
What issue(s) are you having that need to be corrected? Are you waiting to turn up the boost/timing? Are you getting knock? I hate being an apologist for anyone/anything, but he does state that his base tunes are perfectly safe to run.

I’m sure the base is great but I didn’t pay to have a great base map. And like I said before I’m not having any issues. But I thought this is supposed to be a process where each revision I get better and then eventually he tells me that I’m done. 2-3 months for a revision seems excessive or maybe I’m expecting too much?

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I’m sure the base is great but I didn’t pay to have a great base map. And like I said before I’m not having any issues. But I thought this is supposed to be a process where each revision I get better and then eventually he tells me that I’m done. 2-3 months for a revision seems excessive or maybe I’m expecting too much?

I agree with your sentiments. Really makes me wonder why there aren't any Cobb pro tuners willing to step up and try to fill the void. 5150, Stratified, and Freektune seem to be the only well known and well regarded ones for this platform right now.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

Yeah he limited it to 20 people so you may have not made the cut. I coulnd't partake in it because streets around me are too crowded during the day to do any logging. He says he'll do another live logging day but not sure how soon that will be. What is your fuel and setup? Reason why I ask is because there is only so much a tune can be turned up on pump and if you are not having any issues you might not need a revision. He has stated he looks at logs on Wednesday/Thursdays and Sunday and provides updates to tunes if needed after review.

crediem_2

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah he limited it to 20 people so you may have not made the cut. I coulnd't partake in it because streets around me are too crowded during the day to do any logging. He says he'll do another live logging day but not sure how soon that will be. What is your fuel and setup? Reason why I ask is because there is only so much a tune can be turned up on pump and if you are not having any issues you might not need a revision. He has stated he looks at logs on Wednesday/Thursdays and Sunday and provides updates to tunes if needed after review.

Ok, well if I don’t need anymore revisions Will he send an email that lets me know that I’m done?