GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5150 Racing custom Accessport tune

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Still working on it brother. The problem for me now is finding a place to log. The top end of third gear is frightening. I basically have to drive out to the country and go on a friend's private road as to not put others at risk in case any issues arise.

Yeah it can be scary logging. That's why I rarely do it unless absolutely needed. I get too much wheel spin logging in 3rd so first part of log is useless. Also I usualy don't have any correction on top of 3rd compared to 4th. So I usually log at 4th late at night on barren streets but it's so sketchy doing this.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
What clutch are you running? That isn't clutch slip?

It's a DSG and no clutch slip... it use to slip before on the bs stage 1 dsg file, but the stage 2 fixed it.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Mama says GTIs is hornery cause they got all them torques and no traction.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Looks like Cobb isnt holding back on their mk7 R stage maps.
On their dyno database the Cobb 2016 R made 259 whp stock.
Stage 3- intake,intercooler,catted dp-362 whp/400wtq
Usually Cobb leaves lot on the table on their ots maps..
This was 93oct.
Cobbtuning.com

ashiun

Ready to race!
This was 93oct.
Cobbtuning.com

Interesting... I wonder if I should flash the GTI Stage 3 file while I'm waiting for my 5150 e-tune.

Edit: Cobb's numbers for stage 3 GTI file are looking lackluster lol, under 300whp

Last edited:

airjor13

Ready to race!
Still working on it brother. The problem for me now is finding a place to log. The top end of third gear is frightening. I basically have to drive out to the country and go on a friend's private road as to not put others at risk in case any issues arise.

You in NOVA or ROVA?

airjor13

Ready to race!
This was 93oct.
Cobbtuning.com

Their IS38 GTI maps are pretty agressive for OTS

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
You in NOVA or ROVA?

South East VA. Hampton roads built up so fast there aren't very many good back roads anymore where it would be safe to do 3rd gear pulls to redline.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
What about taking it to a dyno shop? There are a couple in Virginia Beach/Chesapeake.

Ya i use DIA Auto for my actual dynos, i just don't want to pay for time on rollers unless i am dynoing or modifying something.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Check this dyno comparison between e30 and e85 5150 tuned is38. Only has hpfp. This was done on mustang dyno which ive verified to read 8% less then my local dynojet. It made only 4 whp less then my e30 tomioka but way more torque. I need to get my hpfp installed soon so can up my ethanol content already.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Nice Pac! It was cracking me up people that where saying there were not much gains above e40-e50. Lol. :).

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Nice Pac! It was cracking me up people that where saying there were not much gains above e40-e50. Lol. :).

Not my car. Still interested to see how the stock lpfp handles this much ethanol on an extended pull like in the 1/4. Things can be different compared to just a single gear dyno pull.

Last edited:

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
who has ran the 5150 is38 ots map...im running apr but im thinking more of a custom line now seeing what kind of power everyone is putting down i may make the switch

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
who has ran the 5150 is38 ots map...im running apr but im thinking more of a custom line now seeing what kind of power everyone is putting down i may make the switch

5150 doesn't make an ots map. He'll give you a base map then you need to log it to see how it does. It may be need to be turned up or down depending on your fuel, elevation, mods, etc. FYI when I was is38, my trap increased from 119mph (apr 93) to 122.8mph (5150 e30).