GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jcarl126

Ready to race!
I doubt you would ever see an IS38 dyno anywhere near 400whp on this dyno. It is very conservative. If you want to paypal me $200 for gas and baselines I'll drive the 1.5 hours to another dyno and get another 30-40whp on a more forgiving dyno.

Easy there, slugger. I was alluding to the fact that if you put down the 400 number on a Stang dyno, which are usually very conservative like the dyno you used, it would be extremely impressive. Obviously that is exactly the case and I was giving the blown away/surprised/excited smilie face :) nothing different. Your reviews have been very helpful and I was in no way insinuating that you weren’t being forthcoming with them.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
The thing about DI and revving high is you run out of injection window REAL quick.

A normal port fuel injected engine has all the time in the world because the fuel and air are brought in at the same time.

DI engines usually start getting dicey when you try to inject fuel in less than 6 milliseconds. You can get around this by adding more rail pressure if the cam pump can give it to you, and if the LPFP can keep up as well. Then you have to worry about the fuel rail being able to handle the added pressure.

I wonder if the fuel rail between the GDI engines and the TDI engines are:

1) the same

if not

2) compatible-ish

If not you're best bet would be to go with a MPI additional set up if you plan on revving to the moon.

I'm going port injection for sure.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Appears they are making some changes to the kit.

https://www.maperformance.com/colle...x475-jb-turbo-kit-multiple-fitments-tr-tw1002

What's In The Box?
1 - IHX475 Turbocharger
1 - Billet Machined BOV
1 - Aluminum Turbo Inlet Pipe
1 - Carbon Fiber Heat Blanket
1 - Turbocharger Velocity Stack
Necessary Hardware
Instructions/Manuals (if applicable)
Warranty Information

https://www.tomiokaracing.com/colle...t-for-vw-audi-mqb-ea888?variant=6835418431518

Kit Contents:

Turbocharger
Gaskets
Hardware Kit
Black Aluminum Turbo Inlet Pipe
Stock Diverter Valve Adapter Kit
Turbocharger Muffler Delete

Same price but you lose the blanket.

Good news if you just want the turbo...$1,900

https://www.tomiokaracing.com/colle...kit-for-vw-audi-mqb-ea888?variant=36922450241

jcarl126

Ready to race!

https://www.maperformance.com/colle...x475-jb-turbo-kit-multiple-fitments-tr-tw1002

What's In The Box?
1 - IHX475 Turbocharger
1 - Billet Machined BOV
Necessary Hardware
Warranty Information

https://www.tomiokaracing.com/colle...t-for-vw-audi-mqb-ea888?variant=6835418431518

Kit Contents:

Turbocharger
Gaskets
Hardware Kit

https://www.tomiokaracing.com/colle...kit-for-vw-audi-mqb-ea888?variant=36922450241

I tried to order one of these last night with the eBay spring coupon - PSPRINGTIME for 15% off... only took $50 off for me :( hahah if it would be that 15% id have an is38 for sale shortly!

Travis9935

Ready to race!
I tried to order one of these last night with the eBay spring coupon - PSPRINGTIME for 15% off... only took $50 off for me :( hahah if it would be that 15% id have an is38 for sale shortly!
They had one 20% up to $200 off a few weeks ago! Keep your eyes open...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ital

Go Kart Newbie

What's In The Box?
1 - IHX475 Turbocharger
1 - Billet Machined BOV
Necessary Hardware
Warranty Information

Kit Contents:

Turbocharger
Gaskets
Hardware Kit

I already have the CTS inlet pipe. What is needed to do this on the GTI? Do I need the kit? Or can I just remove the turbo and Install this one+tune? Anything else needed from the kit?

Thanks

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I already have the CTS inlet pipe. What is needed to do this on the GTI? Do I need the kit? Or can I just remove the turbo and Install this one+tune? Anything else needed from the kit?

Thanks

It's a direct replacement but will need to transfer DV and wastegate. It comes with gaskets but you'll need to at least buy new orings.

RickyMK7R

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got mine this morning from Modern Automotive Performance. The didn't have the turbo only listed, but made a call and were able to get it for me for the same $1900 price. They made a listing for it on the site, but never finished updating the info for the turbo only listing so you will have to call in person to get it from them. While on the phone with them I asked them about the coupon code on their site for 5% off not working and they said that certain brands aren't applicable, but gave me the discount anyway. So I got it for 1805 out the door.

I am currently APR stage 2 and pulled 359hp/374tq on my local dyno at national speed in Wilmington and will be heading back there to see what it can do after I get it installed and tuned by JON at 5150.

May the mail be quick and my wrenches no fall into the skid plate :)

jcarl126

Ready to race!
Hey dude! I’m in Wilmington, I work about a mile from Natl speed. Let me know when you come on up to dyno that’s thing ! I’d love to see it dyno in person if you aren’t adverse to that

I just got mine this morning from Modern Automotive Performance. The didn't have the turbo only listed, but made a call and were able to get it for me for the same $1900 price. They made a listing for it on the site, but never finished updating the info for the turbo only listing so you will have to call in person to get it from them. While on the phone with them I asked them about the coupon code on their site for 5% off not working and they said that certain brands aren't applicable, but gave me the discount anyway. So I got it for 1805 out the door.

I am currently APR stage 2 and pulled 359hp/374tq on my local dyno at national speed in Wilmington and will be heading back there to see what it can do after I get it installed and tuned by JON at 5150.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Ill be keeping a close eye on the results coming out of this thread. While the overall package seems great i cant find any info on the turbo itself. Aside from saying it has a billet compressor and a larger shaft im not seeing much.

Likewise i cant seem to find any warranty info. I wouldnt be so concerned if it was ball bearing, but journals wear a lot easier and id hate to be left with a single year (if that) of coverage if something goes south.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Ill be keeping a close eye on the results coming out of this thread. While the overall package seems great i cant find any info on the turbo itself. Aside from saying it has a billet compressor and a larger shaft im not seeing much.

Likewise i cant seem to find any warranty info. I wouldnt be so concerned if it was ball bearing, but journals wear a lot easier and id hate to be left with a single year (if that) of coverage if something goes south.

I am very interested in this turbo as well and have the same reservations as you since there isn’t any documentation of use in our platform until now. However I have noticed that there were quite a few people that have experience with them in the Subaru platform over the years. It is a nice and affordable option if it pans out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

Nice. I received mine on Tuesday but won't install just yet. I want to see how fast I can get with the is38 before making the swap. I'll get it tuned through Jon as well and you will be in good hands with him. I picked mine up from Edo performance which is pretty local to you so suprised you didn't get it from them.