GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R MK7.5 - US Release

jac643

There are definitely many. If you are on facebook, most of the meet ups that I'm aware of get organized by 'Club Wolfsburg' people. They do one in Mississauga almost weekly, and another in Vaughan pretty often. I've been to one but they are a lot more fun in warm weather. I'll pop back in if i hear anything. I'd like to find someone with an OBDELEVEN or VCDS and invite them out, they can make a couple bucks and be the most popular person there, in my case mainly because I need want things coded too. Who knows, maybe I'll buy one myself.

Looking forward to meeting some VW people locally.

Try the Carista OBD reader with companion app. $26 Cdn plus $55 for the year subscription. Mine arrived yesterday and it is brilliant. Enabled dipping passenger mirror, hatch pop-- need to install the ECS struts--$96US for it to work, but most importantly, changed the volume of the Soundaktor from 90% to 50%. The app is very easy to use.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
Try the Carista OBD reader with companion app. $26 Cdn plus $55 for the year subscription. Mine arrived yesterday and it is brilliant. Enabled dipping passenger mirror, hatch pop-- need to install the ECS struts--$96US for it to work, but most importantly, changed the volume of the Soundaktor from 90% to 50%. The app is very easy to use.
By year two it would be more expensive to own the OBD11. I don't love that it has an annual subscription.

Update: landed a deal on a used one and picking it up this week!

Last edited:

Ftrv8

Found one at MSRP, but apparently the “Protection Pacakage” isn’t optional. ?

Attachments

• BAB10204-4453-492D-BDA5-EEE6AB2B3C52.jpeg
    BAB10204-4453-492D-BDA5-EEE6AB2B3C52.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 408

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
Found one at MSRP, but apparently the “Protection Pacakage” isn’t optional. ��

that's a f*cking joke...$199 for NITROGEN?!?! dude I got my winter rims/tires and they were filled free of charge with Nitrogen!

all the other stuff is useless and overpriced. I mean...AutoGard interior/exterior protection? they most likely just take a rag and rub some armor-all leather care on the seats and charge 20 times the price of the bottle for it. Pinstripe? eeek!

Huge cash grab. makes me angry these morons get away with sh*t like this.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Found one at MSRP, but apparently the “Protection Pacakage” isn’t optional. ?

I bought my GTI from that dealer, and they tried to do the same thing, but I got them to remove everything except the window tint. However, the car had just arrived from the port, so they hadn't actually added anything yet. Also I used the Costco Auto Program, which gave me 35% off window tint in addition to $2k off MSRP. Not sure if that would apply to the R.

Cypresser

This may sound like a dumb question, what is meant by "ROW cars" in relation to the topic of this thread?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nocarguy

Slightly off topic - I know Golf R is rare around Cali but man the buying experience is shitty. Granted when I was shopping around a few months ago GTI was my priority but every time when I asked about Golf R (including back in 2016), all dealerships basically act like it's some unicorn and told me it's at least MSRP + some BS options.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
There's never been a charging port in the center console cubbies on Mk7s.

There's a USB in the cubby at the bottom of the center stack and a 12v port next to the park brake.

16 Golf

Attachments

• img20180410_134551.jpg
    img20180410_134551.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 515

Ftrv8

Slightly off topic - I know Golf R is rare around Cali but man the buying experience is shitty. Granted when I was shopping around a few months ago GTI was my priority but every time when I asked about Golf R (including back in 2016), all dealerships basically act like it's some unicorn and told me it's at least MSRP + some BS options.

Tell me about it. Going through that shitty experience right now in NorCal.

Supercup

Passed Driver's Ed
So had mine since last Friday - couple of notes

1. MPG since purchase 24.9 - best 31 on hwy
2 RPM in 7th gear at 80 mph is 2,400 at 90 is 2,800 - not great for MPG
3. 561 miles so far, will be great daily driver!

Very happy with purchase, very different to drive than my X5 5.0 Msport I am letting go tomorrow. It is much more substantial feeling and heavier. The R is light and nimble and fun and rides pretty good.

Adding 6-10 mpg to my 2,600 miles a month will cut my gas bill for sure - $150 per month +/- saved. But 16 gallon gas tank will still have me buying gas 2-3 times per week! wish it held 20!