GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R MK7.5 - US Release

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
My point of the post was that CA has the digital cockpit for 2018 and are available now, US has digital cockpit and is NOT available, MX at least according to the Pic on VW's Mexico website shows analog and is available now. All North American markets with 3 seemingly different situations.

Again, the analog cluster pictured above from Mexico is **NOT** an R cluster, on any continent. The tach markings are clearly for a TDI. What's really weird is that the needles are blue. Some lazy ass probably just took a TDI cluster pic, because that was all he/she could find, and p-shopped the blue needles on. Apparently the webmaster in Mexico is just as lame as whoever runs the US site, which has always been a clusterfarkle.

B5AudiS4

Let’s make our voice heard

Maybe we’ll get some answers if enough of us make our voices known publicly to VW via social media? I figure it’s at least worth a shot so I’ve got the conversation started and would recommend you all do the same via your social media platform of choice.

Me: “@Volkswagen where is the 2018 Golf R for USA? Last official announcement had it coming in Fall 2017 but it’s now Spring 2018 with no word ?”

VW: “Hi Steve, we don't have a release date yet for the 2018 Golf R. Certainly, a lot of enthusiasts are eagerly awaiting its arrival, as are we! For the latest news on new vehicles, I encourage you to keep checking our media site, media.vw.com. -BB”

https://twitter.com/vw/status/969359631012245505?s=21

Mike B.

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't do social media (yes I am about 100 years old).
Anyone in Jacksonville FL know if any Golf R's have left the port? Lots of photos of them sitting around doing nothing but getting older from back in fall of 2016.

Supercup

Passed Driver's Ed
Maybe we’ll get some answers if enough of us make our voices known publicly to VW via social media? I figure it’s at least worth a shot so I’ve got the conversation started and would recommend you all do the same via your social media platform of choice.

Me: “@Volkswagen where is the 2018 Golf R for USA? Last official announcement had it coming in Fall 2017 but it’s now Spring 2018 with no word ?”

VW: “Hi Steve, we don't have a release date yet for the 2018 Golf R. Certainly, a lot of enthusiasts are eagerly awaiting its arrival, as are we! For the latest news on new vehicles, I encourage you to keep checking our media site, media.vw.com. -BB”

https://twitter.com/vw/status/969359631012245505?s=21

Nice job getting an answer - unfortunately it is the same one we already have - no known release date - so we wait some more!

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
"Release" is a word with many meanings, apparently. They've made it to Florida, so they certainly got released from the factory!

only1harry

Ready to race!
Thanks. That's not good for the engine sitting there for months like that.

Anyone know what the issue is? Maybe the NHTSA doesn't like something about them or are doing emissions testing before they allow them into the country?

I am getting tired of waiting for the R's :(

Mike B.

Passed Driver's Ed
Either 1) VW has somehow managed to keep it secret from all dealers in the US, or
2) Dealers know but are being told to make crazy stuff up like "its the paint, the lights, etc".

This is R Gate! Somebody needs to zip off a note to Car and Driver or Automobile Magazine if they subscribe and ask them to look into this. Another scandal for VW!

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Either 1) VW has somehow managed to keep it secret from all dealers in the US, or
2) Dealers know but are being told to make crazy stuff up like "its the paint, the lights, etc".

This is R Gate! Somebody needs to zip off a note to Car and Driver or Automobile Magazine if they subscribe and ask them to look into this. Another scandal for VW!
They ran out of monkeys to prove they could pass epa emissions requirements.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ghost_03

Ready to race!
At what point do folks just give up on the 2018 and start looking towards the 2019 model? Its close enough if you think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. I got my '17 GTI in February last year and had half a mind to wait for an '18. Considering what happened I'm glad I didn't, but with the ETA still unknown on these things I'd be tempted to wait for a '19 at this point.

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
Well it’s March and still nothing. I’m just going to wait for the MK8 Golf R at this point and enjoy my GTI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supercup

Passed Driver's Ed
Got email from my dealer last night saying they were told R would be released in next 4 weeks - but verbal only, nothing definitive.

They are frustrated having a very long list of buyers with deposits.

I won't hold my breath, but do hope they get some and my number comes us - I am in top 5 on list - pending color.