GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R MK7.5 - US Release

Summons

Yeesh... Talk about sucking the laugh out of a joke.
While a R isn't an AMG or anything, at $60k on the road it isn't a Tercel either. My personal disposable income calls the R a high end car - top of my abilities anyways.
Sorry to have cracked a tiny joke.
E

gtinewbie1

Passed Driver's Ed
At what point do folks just give up on the 2018 and start looking towards the 2019 model? Its close enough if you think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlivingood

Passed Driver's Ed
At what point do folks just give up on the 2018 and start looking towards the 2019 model? Its close enough if you think about it.

Good point. My uneducated guess is that all the cars in port are the full 2018 allocation for the U.S., with the next lot to be produced in Fall 2018 as 2019 models. But no one really knows - we're just grasping at straws. Luckily I have another car and ride the train to work.

njfgray

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI w/ DSG
2018 Golf R in Mexico

Just saw this on vw.com.mx for the instrument cluster, not the digital dash but the same as the US 2017.

Attachments

• 2018 Golf R vw_com_mx.jpg
    2018 Golf R vw_com_mx.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 911

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I was in the 2018 R at the Chicago auto show. It comes with the DIGITAL DASH!
Yep so was I. I also found it funny people also questioned if we were even getting a 6 speed and myself and others posted all about what we saw.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

njfgray

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI w/ DSG
My point of the post was that CA has the digital cockpit for 2018 and are available now, US has digital cockpit and is NOT available, MX at least according to the Pic on VW's Mexico website shows analog and is available now. All North American markets with 3 seemingly different situations.