GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R MK7.5 - US Release

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
All that said, I do see your point. However if the price difference between a lightly used TTS and a new R were very minimal, I would have a hard time passing the TTS, especially since there is a chance my GTI would go to my girlfriend, meaning i can use it when going biking and she can take the TTS. We'll see. I need to drive them both.

Thems words of a soon to be wed.. .

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
Was told over the weekend by our VW reps that R's won't land until March. And will also be lower production numbers this year.

vwauug

Ready to race!
Just checked cars.com. Looks like there are no new Rs available for sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Supercup

Passed Driver's Ed
Was told over the weekend by our VW reps that R's won't land until March. And will also be lower production numbers this year.

Well they landed in port of Jacksonville in 2017 and have been sitting there - so if he means in the USA - he does not know what he is talking about. If he means land at the dealer lots - well that could be accurate. As far as production numbers go - when you only have 4 months left in the model year, it is hard to expect to have a lot of cars to sell before they switch over to 19's.

Given the delay I may bump my purchase until the 2019's come out or just go buy something else.

Mike B.

Passed Driver's Ed
I am considering waiting as well. But suspect there will be zero changes in the 2019 model given the mild changes for 2018 and getting ready to develop Mark 8.

B95zP

Ready to race!
I'm curious if they've continued to build and ship to Jacksonville, or reached a limit and halted production.

Mike B.

Passed Driver's Ed
I asked my VW dealer why they were sitting in port while the Audi S3 is nearly identical in terms of drive train and has been in the USA for about 6 months. He says Audi being premium got the initial release with no competition, but VW got the Atlas before the new Q7 came out. Like I really care about some big dumbarse SUV.

davewg

Ready to race!
I don't think what your dealer is suggesting has any basis in reality. Within the brand, yes, I can see them releasing '18 models in a certain order, but not across brands. Not the same market/customers.

Ftrv8

Spoke to one of the dealers in NorCal. She is saying Feb or March release.

Long list, and for small deposit will get put on a list that’s been getting filled since Nov 2017.

I told her sure if it’s at MSRP.

Her response “Will be limited release, and so our Rs will carry a “small” markup.”

Asked her what the “small” fee is, and no response. Lol