GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 GTI - the sensible car..

_baz

Ready to race!
Nothing much to update except I took a photo of the keys and the car now has 2000 miles !

_baz

Ready to race!
Back to the dealer for the second time due to creaky drivers door (card?) which wasn't fixed with their felt tape. and the squeaky rear brakes when reversing. (Couldn't replicate last time) Also I'm noticing a rather annoying rattle from behind the dash a certain revs, shouldn't be getting these noises on a 30 grand car with only 2500 miles on the clock !

_baz

Ready to race!
Also, I may have sourced the cause of my "dash rattle" Seems that it only happens when the Soundaktor is active and I have noticed the rear view mirror base cover is loose - hopefully this is the source. I'll see if I can stuff something between this and the window and turn the Soundaktor back on to hear the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richiekuk

Ready to race!
Also, I may have sourced the cause of my "dash rattle" Seems that it only happens when the Soundaktor is active and I have noticed the rear view mirror base cover is loose - hopefully this is the source. I'll see if I can stuff something between this and the window and turn the Soundaktor back on to hear the results.

Yeh, that's a common one. Mine does it. I have the Soundaktor turned off anyway.

Mine has numerous rattles, and bits of card strategically placed to stop them. As VW are completely inept at sorting the car without F!*$ing something else up at the same time.

_baz

Ready to race!
Yeh, that's a common one. Mine does it. I have the Soundaktor turned off anyway.

Mine has numerous rattles, and bits of card strategically placed to stop them. As VW are completely inept at sorting the car without F!*$ing something else up at the same time.

Yeah, undo have a fear that this new door card could possibly end up more noisy than the current one!

I'll try a bit of card / foam to see if I can't fix the window / mirror rattle myself.

On another note .. My VWR springs arrived today :)

_baz

Ready to race!
VWR springs and 20mm / 15mm spacers fitted today. (Sorry for the iPhone pics):

hoping it will settle a little lower over the next few weeks.

_baz

Ready to race!
Maxton Splitter ordered. Couldn't resist and got caught up in the Black Friday madness.

... and picked up new wheels yesterday.

Just need some 235/35/19 tyres for cheap now :)