GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 Golf GTI SEL

msafar95

Hey,

So my Golf GTI arrived at the dealer and I'm just waiting for them to finish the road test and all of that other stuff.
They let me see the car and I wanted to give you guys the specifics of what changed in the 2016 Model.

The Golf GTI I have is 2016 SEL Night Blue Metallic

The screen size for the infotainment system doesn't seem to have changed in size (6.5"). I was not able to check whether or not it was MIB 2 or not but I'll certainly update this post when I do know the details.

Instead of the MDI port found in the 2015 models, the 2016 model has a USB port and an AUX port (What a relief :p).

Other than those mentioned above, nothing else has changed much in the 2016 model.

NiranjGTI

Cool! [emoji2]

I've ordered a Black GTI build week 39, that's next week. So delivery is only around Dec. Waiting patiently.

The screen size is 6.5" ? The cars that they had in the showroom were 5.8" I think. I really want the MIB 2. Let's see.

I did hear that the 2016s come with Driving Profile Selection. Do let us know if you got that as well.

Other than that I guess we can't expect any changes to the 2016.

Congrats [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Mabrook! I have night blue too :D

If its 6.5" its the new screen.

The one i have is 5.8".

If they get driver profile selection, it would be cool, but I feel its useless without the DCC(dynamic chasis control).

I really like the media-in MDI as my ipod stays permanently connected to the system 24/7 and I have a usb to charge in the armrest. Not sure how the usb/aux thing works in terms of music selection and transmitting all playlists/videos and album art to the screen but do let us know :D

Zach@etektuning

Eurotek!
Hey,

So my Golf GTI arrived at the dealer and I'm just waiting for them to finish the road test and all of that other stuff.
They let me see the car and I wanted to give you guys the specifics of what changed in the 2016 Model.

The Golf GTI I have is 2016 SEL Night Blue Metallic

The screen size for the infotainment system doesn't seem to have changed in size (6.5"). I was not able to check whether or not it was MIB 2 or not but I'll certainly update this post when I do know the details.

Instead of the MDI port found in the 2015 models, the 2016 model has a USB port and an AUX port (What a relief :p).

Other than those mentioned above, nothing else has changed much in the 2016 model.

Cool! [emoji2]

I've ordered a Black GTI build week 39, that's next week. So delivery is only around Dec. Waiting patiently.

The screen size is 6.5" ? The cars that they had in the showroom were 5.8" I think. I really want the MIB 2. Let's see.

I did hear that the 2016s come with Driving Profile Selection. Do let us know if you got that as well.

Other than that I guess we can't expect any changes to the 2016.

Congrats [emoji2]

Congrats to both of you guys on the new cars!

msafar95

I'm currently waiting for the delear to finish PDI (Anyone know how long this usually takes? Or is my dealer being lazy?)

Will certainly double check the infotainment size and check the Driver profile selection!

:)

NiranjGTI

I'm currently waiting for the delear to finish PDI (Anyone know how long this usually takes? Or is my dealer being lazy?)

Will certainly double check the infotainment size and check the Driver profile selection!

:)

No idea how long this takes, you could probably call up your salesman and ask for a definite delivery date.

All the best! Do keep us updated. :)

if it has the USB Instead of the MDI port, then it should have the MIB2 with the 6.5" screen for sure..

Fingers Crossed! :)

msafar95

Alright, I received the car finally!

The car is fitted with MIB 2 with CarPlay, AndroidAuto, and MirrorLink. The car also has a USB port and an AUX port instead of the MDI connection. The screen size is also confirmed to be 6.5".

As far as driver mode selection goes I can confirm I have Normal, Sport, and Individual modes.

I'm loving this car!

mukuljuria

Ready to race!

The car is fitted with MIB 2 with CarPlay, AndroidAuto, and MirrorLink. The car also has a USB port and an AUX port instead of the MDI connection. The screen size is also confirmed to be 6.5".

As far as driver mode selection goes I can confirm I have Normal, Sport, and Individual modes.

I'm loving this car!

Congratulations :D

Just wondering, is it Driver selection mode on its own or driver selection mode with DCC?

Either way its pretty cool that these are coming on stock cars (assuming yours wasnt a special order)

Happy motoring :)

NiranjGTI

I'm loving this car!

Good stuff!

But, out of curiosity, is CarPlay working in Dubai ?

Thanks for the update. Enjoy your ride :)

msafar95

I believe DCC comes bundled with driver profile selection. Correction the profiles available: Individual, Normal, Sport, and Eco.

CarPlay does indeed work perfectly fine in Dubai however Apple Maps can display the map but not give directions :(

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
It could be had without DCC actually. Driver profile can be had alone, while DCC is bundled with it as you said.

But looks like you don't have it as it would have 3 modes : Comfort, Auto and Sport (with an apparent major difference in suspension rebound).

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2292

Some people couldn't get carplay to work, but its awesome that yours is working.

Did yours come with the performance pages too? Pictures seem to be circulating online that MIB2 has a performance page option showing boost psi, oil, coolant etc.

Talal_Alsenan

Passed Driver's Ed
Cars equipped with DCC, will show "comfort" on the driver mode selection display in addition to other modes..

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

NiranjGTI

It could be had without DCC actually. Driver profile can be had alone, while DCC is bundled with it as you said.

But looks like you don't have it as it would have 3 modes : Comfort, Auto and Sport (with an apparent major difference in suspension rebound).

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2292

Some people couldn't get carplay to work, but its awesome that yours is working.

Did yours come with the performance pages too? Pictures seem to be circulating online that MIB2 has a performance page option showing boost psi, oil, coolant etc.

Hey, maybe CarPlay only works on iPhones that are US based ? Like those that come with FaceTime and stuff. Might not be working if you bought an iPhone with Dubai specs ? Just a thought.