GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the difference between “Driver Profile Selection” and DCC?

Milesy

I'm struggling to establish the difference between “Driver Profile Selection” which I understand is standard on the MK7 GTI and the £800 extra Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC).

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Kaz

Last edited:

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Driving Mode Selection enables you to choose different settings that will change both your car’s performance and your driving experience – all at the push of a button.

You can quickly and easily select one of the five driving modes using the touchscreen and change between normal, comfortable, sporty, individual or eco style. So depending on what type of driver you are and your driving situation, you’ll be able to tailor the car to your requirements.

Want to drive in a more environmentally friendly way with less fuel consumption and emissions? Eco driving mode helps you do just that by optimising your engine and gearbox performance to save fuel. And it even reduces your air conditioning’s power consumption too.

You can also set your car up for a sportier ride. Sports mode modifies the steering torque and produces a faster response with the accelerator pedal, steering and front lighting system. It also activates the seat belt tensioners and switches the dual-clutch gearbox DSG to “S” position.

Individual mode let’s you customise settings according to your own preferences. So you can tweak things like steering and accelerator pedal response, dynamic cornering lights and adaptive cruise control.

Or for long distance driving you can enjoy your journey in maximum comfort mode.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Adaptive Chassis Control (ACC)

Explain
ACC is an innovative system that allows you to choose the style of drive you want at any time. Three ride settings are offered - Normal, Sport and Comfort - all at the touch of a button in the centre console. This operates the electrically regulated dampers and steering. In Sport mode, for instance, relatively stiff dampers match the changed steering characteristics, offering a driving experience like that of an agile sports car. The damping also adapts itself to the respective road conditions. Each shock absorber is connected to a control which calculates the optimum setting for each wheel from the sensor data and other information received from the steering, braking, engine, transmission and driving assistance systems. This allows the ACC to react continually (up to a thousand times per second) to bumps in the road, changing lanes or bendy roads, reducing pitch and roll motion and provide the optimum settings for every driving situation.

Last edited:

The wasp

Ready to race!
Quick answer, The driver profile can alter the engine and steering response and is available on all golfs...........the chassis control is an extra that will also alter the damping setting to coincide with the profile you've chosen.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Quick answer, The driver profile can alter the engine and steering response and is available on all golfs...........the chassis control is an extra that will also alter the damping setting to coincide with the profile you've chosen.

Driver profile selection is available on the SE and above .

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I don't think anyone has mentioned owning/ordering an "S".

My Mother's neighbour has a Golf S 1.6TDi, and has spent more on extras than he would have spent buying an SE - the dealer really ought to have brought this to his attention.

Milesy

I've owned 7 GTI's/R32, but never a brand new one.

It was amazing being able to spec the car from scratch.

Can't wait!

vwman

Go Kart Champion
I don't think anyone has mentioned owning/ordering an "S".

My Mother's neighbour has a Golf S 1.6TDi, and has spent more on extras than he would have spent buying an SE - the dealer really ought to have brought this to his attention.

Be interesting to see how many Golf 'S' models they sell generally in the UK.

I suspect they probably sell a fair few Golf "Trendlines" in the home market to utility companies etc

testcard

Ready to race!
Driver Profile Selection - can you change this whilst moving or do you have to stop first? Thanks.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I can't help wondering if there will be a Mk7 Golf Match in due course - in Mk6 guise the Match was a huge seller.