GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
MUFFLER!

Looks like a different casting than the GTI muffler, and reportedly has larger tips, the videos on youtube make the car seem like it sounds a little more aggressive.

Deutsche auto sells the mufflers for 500 bucks... not a bad deal really for a just a tad more sound?

Really hard to pull the trigger not knowing if the clubsport has a different downpipe though, which I am assuming it does.

Any input? Really want to put SOMETHING clubsport on my car and think that might just be the perfect piece.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know the part number for the seat belts from the Clubsport?
I like the black/red look. I wish they were all red instead. I looked into aftermarket seat belts, but just don't want to take the chance with something as important as safety belts.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^that too!

seatbelts and muffler!

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
Seat Leon MQB has the same single piston 57mm & 60mm brake set ups as the MK7 Golf.

However it also has the optional Cupra performance pack (as per the Nurburgring car) which uses 370mm two piece discs with 4 pot Brembos & the required 19" alloys.

It takes these items from the Audi TT-RS!

These will fit a MK7 Golf as the bolt spacing for the brakes on the Cast Iron & cast alloy hub carriers is the same.

The Seat Leon with CPP uses the same 85mm bearing alloy hub carriers as the GTI/GTD/R (5Q0 407 253A & 254A)

Personally I would NOT use these as for that disc size you should be using 6 pot or 8 pot calipers...not 4 pots!!

Unfortunately the 4 pot Brembos have the spacing bracket built into them so they are fixed at 370mm disc usage!!

However Vagbremtechnic buy the Brembos they are based on & make a special adaptor bracket to use them with the standard 340mm Golf discs....MUCH better!!!

370mm with four-pot will throw the master cylinder diameter off (I think, as happened with every part that came from the ..-RS models since now). Of course, this time the master cylinder should be ok if the Cupra has the same one as the GTI PPs, R. I won't go down the BBK route either, as I'm not going beyond R power levels, nor I want to upgrade to 19" wheels. BUT, if the Clubsport S' front discs are plug and play, I'm going to give them a try with a set of good pads.

Last edited:

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
Some numbers to add/help

Yellow indicates different parts to GTI PP and CS all three are European versions. CSS rear brace is confirmed as cosmetic only (I wish I was wrong)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 1,732
Last edited:
excellent!

Geomet, the Cupras run the same setup as GTI Performance, Clubsport and R,
as long the c Cupra owner hasn't paid the extra for the Cupra Performance kit
containing the 4-pot Brembos. I too don't understand why Seat did "oversize"
it to 370 mm dia instead of using better = directionally vented = more efficient
rotors. These 4-pot caliper are small by comparison to pro race gear, but they
are certainly more than sufficient for any street use you could ever imagine
and light track duties (caliper size relates to pad size and pad size relates to
heat capability).
I pretty much like the idea of using this caliper on a GTI with 340 mm rotors.
I don't intend to use 19", I even want to run 18" winters again. So 370 mm is
no alternative. Size matters? No, technology wins.
Before we pass a judgement on the VAGbremtechnik kit, say if it matches the
GTI master cylinder sufficiently, we need to know the Brembo calipers piston
diameters first. Ideally the total area of two of its pistons (one side) equals
the single stock GTI caliper's piston (60 mm?, which would result in 2830 mm²).

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
excellent!

it to 370 mm dia instead of using better = directionally vented = more efficient
and light track duties (caliper size relates to pad size and pad size relates to
heat capability).

Yes, that would work, but the price continue growing to "unpleasant" heights for me. In my power level (this won't grow further ;)) the good disc/good pad is the only way. As far as I know the only thing which will upgrade with the multi-piston kit is the fine-modulation of the braking. I believe the PP is good in that area. My brother has an Alcon four-pot kit in his mk6 and although I can feel the difference, it won't justify the big price difference. Also, the Cupra or Vagbremtechnic calipers may be Brembo, but Brembo makes a handful of options and these are definitely not coming from the top self (probably the opposite is true) and will not be in par with my brother's Alcon.
The bottom line is that there must be a difference, but it will be negligible. If I could justify the price I would go for it, but these are my thoughts on the subject.

Last edited:
Agree, improved modulation and lower weight are the main
advantages you'd benefit from by retrofitting these Cupra/
TT-RS fixed calipers. And 'style'. They're nice and I under-
stand anyone fitting these, but performance benefits will
certainly be somewhat or kind of 'limited', not substantial.

I'd wish there was a 'bushing kit' available for our floating
calipers already.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
excellent!

heat capability).

You're right. A well engineered and correctly sized braking system will work better than just an oversized system that isn't applied correctly.
I'm not sure the GTI would need 370mm rotors. We run 355mm Stoptech's on our race car (BMW 335) in endurance races and have no problems with the brakes at all - even running for 12 hours straight without changes pads.

I didn't get the PP so I'm actually upgrading to the Stoptech 4-piston with 2-piece 330 mm rotors. Should be a nice upgrade from the stock GTI brakes.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Updating thread

Starting to comb thru the thread to update the first two posts.

Added links to my first post that links to ECS Tuning's pages for the steering wheels. If anyone knows of other retailers, please let me know their links so we can compare prices.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
If I've read this correctly, are we speculating that the CSS 270mm discs will fit on a PP/CS using the original hub and caliper? I would have thought one of the two must be changed otherwise the caliper won't line up in the correct position.
Personally I'm more interested in a parts swap to get the increased camber with "factory" parts. Has anyone attempted the swap?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Starting to comb thru the thread to update the first two posts.

Added links to my first post that links to ECS Tuning's pages for the steering wheels. If anyone knows of other retailers, please let me know their links so we can compare prices.

Deutsche Auto Parts has the steering wheel as well: https://shopdap.com/store/make-mode...mk7-gti-manual-club-sport-steering-wheel.html

And the rear muffler for the (part number ends with AN for clubsport, not css): https://shopdap.com/store/mk7-gti-clubsport-rear-muffler.html

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Found a couple more part numbers for those of you who wish to get rid of the back seat.
Strut 5G0 861 760
Net 5G0 861 685