GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1st time VW GTI owner from an F150 Ecoboost

Vw5002000

Passed Driver's Ed
Never thought I would own a VW but priorities changed a little and started working at an Audi Dealership and here I am. Just traded in a 16 F150 2.7 Ecoboost 4x4 for a 17 GTI S Manual. Got a great price and after driving it, I was seriously impressed. Thanks for having me in the forum.

Dave

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Congrats! Gonna be a lot easier now zipping around town [emoji41]

Sent via Pide Piper compression app

Vw5002000

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm super impressed at how the GTI performs and I've done a tune on my previous vehicles but for some reason, I'm a little concerned with voiding the warranty so soon. I'm on day 4 of ownership and just did tint so far. Not sure what I want to do next.

tknj99

Ready to race!
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm super impressed at how the GTI performs and I've done a tune on my previous vehicles but for some reason, I'm a little concerned with voiding the warranty so soon. I'm on day 4 of ownership and just did tint so far. Not sure what I want to do next.

cough cough.. Juice Box (JB1/4).. cough cough

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
Never thought I would own a VW but priorities changed a little and started working at an Audi Dealership and here I am. Just traded in a 16 F150 2.7 Ecoboost 4x4 for a 17 GTI S Manual. Got a great price and after driving it, I was seriously impressed. Thanks for having me in the forum.

Dave

Wow, pretty big change up.

Vw5002000

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, pretty big change up.

Yes Sir it is. Just moved to the big city and retired from the Coast Guard so finding parking etc was literally stressing me out ; So traded in the truck and even with 10k of negative equity, my payment dropped $213 a month and only added 2 months onto the loan so it definitely could have been a lot worse.

yo_marc

Ready to race!
Welcome!

Funny to think that the 2.7 ecoboost pushes around that much vehicle and lets it tow something like 7,500lbs... and here we are with just 700cc (and a handful of psi) less with our little go-karts ;)

My desire is to own/drive a truck -- financially/realistically, here I am on the MK7 forum. Still cross shop them every now and then.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Lol.... Definitely gonna be looking into the JB4. Heard nothing but great things about it.

JB4 is awesome, i recently installed mines and posted a review here somewhere. 100% would recommend for those looking for more power and want to keep warranty.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Ya if you are concerned with warranty than a JB4 is for sure the way to go. Welcome to the community.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion

Dave

I actually went to the Golf from a Ford Ranger, partially. Welcome!! A lot more fun than a pickup haha