GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Negative Camber Strut Mounts

034Motorsport

Ready to race!
Any issue with the top of new mount being metal and mounting up to a painted metal frame member? I know if installed right should not move but wondering about over time if it will develop issues.

With more camber is this more a track set up or daily driver usable?
On older tires I see inside edge wear now up front and with more camber would this increase.

Are these the units you have been developing for over a year now? I talked to 034 a good while ago and they had started to test a new mount. Any issue with noise?

This unit does not use the OE bearing? Looks like OE bearing sits in same spot between it and shock.
The Dynamic+ Camber Mounts have a clear anodized finish, and it will not cause any issues mounting to the factory strut tower.

The additional camber is perfect for street use as well. My GTI sees many more commuting miles than track miles - it almost always gets driven to shows/events with equipment/products in the back - and there isn't a significant impact on tire wear with about -2.6 of camber up front. In general, more camber will increase inside tire wear, but the rate at which that happens depends on overall alignment (toe settings can have a major impact) and driving style. For example, without these mounts, these cars often see extremely excessive outside tire wear up front when pushed on track.

Yes, they've been in development/testing for quite some time now. I've had them on my GTI for almost 6 month now, and other 034Motorsport vehicles have had them on longer than that. There is a very minimal impact on noise, vibration, and harshness transfer into the cabin, especially when compared to spherical camber plates. If you have springs that are prone to binding, or very noisy tires, then those sounds may be amplified. On my GTI, I'm currently running these with our Dynamic+ Lowering Springs, and I honestly don't notice any additional noise with either of the wheel/tire setups I run.

Yes, these use the factory strut mount bearing, and have the necessary locating groove on them for ease of installation.

Hope that helps! :)

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
The Dynamic+ Camber Mounts have a clear anodized finish, and it will not cause any issues mounting to the factory strut tower.

The additional camber is perfect for street use as well. My GTI sees many more commuting miles than track miles - it almost always gets driven to shows/events with equipment/products in the back - and there isn't a significant impact on tire wear with about -2.6 of camber up front. In general, more camber will increase inside tire wear, but the rate at which that happens depends on overall alignment (toe settings can have a major impact) and driving style. For example, without these mounts, these cars often see extremely excessive outside tire wear up front when pushed on track.

Yes, they've been in development/testing for quite some time now. I've had them on my GTI for almost 6 month now, and other 034Motorsport vehicles have had them on longer than that. There is a very minimal impact on noise, vibration, and harshness transfer into the cabin, especially when compared to spherical camber plates. If you have springs that are prone to binding, or very noisy tires, then those sounds may be amplified. On my GTI, I'm currently running these with our Dynamic+ Lowering Springs, and I honestly don't notice any additional noise with either of the wheel/tire setups I run.

Yes, these use the factory strut mount bearing, and have the necessary locating groove on them for ease of installation.

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks.
Your springs are similar to my Eibach Pro Kit.

Did I miss price mention?
Christmas group/intro sale?
Test monkeys.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
not tried these of course but this is great news for those who are mainly DD or sensitive to NVH.

Love my vorshlag adjustables but they'd be too much for me on 18s with a stiff sidewall (instead of the 15s I'm on now).

thanks for making these happen. Now if we could only find moderately priced externally adjustable rear shocks.....:)

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Nice ��

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Price info and release date would be awesome.

Looks good, just curious what reviews will come back as once they're out in the wild. The current strut mount bushings 034 offers have had consistent bad reviews from what I've seen, but most of that can be probably be linked to installation error since it seems 90% of people and shops alike can't seem to figure out how to use a torque wrench

AR11

Ready to race!
I'm trying to understand what the strut shaft and strut nut contact on this plate. Is it JUST the "rubber inner puck" or will the strut nut contact the upper metal plate? Is there a metal sleeve in the puck to hold up against the strut nut? Interesting design to say the least. Would be curious to check these out if I hadn't already picked up the GC offering.

1Krautburner

Ready to race!
Price info and release date would be awesome.

Looks good, just curious what reviews will come back as once they're out in the wild. The current strut mount bushings 034 offers have had consistent bad reviews from what I've seen, but most of that can be probably be linked to installation error since it seems 90% of people and shops alike can't seem to figure out how to use a torque wrench

I find it hard to believe that most of the negative reviews would stem from installation error.
I had them. They were installed correctly, and they were unbearably harsh. They also became rather noisy after just a few thousand miles.
I really like the idea of these camber mounts, and they look very promising, but if the NVH is anywhere near the regular 034 mounts, I wouldn't consider them for a DD. We shall see, I suppose.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I wouldn't consider them based on the price alone. That's big money for some mounts...I'd rather put it towards real camber plates or coilovers that include them

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Curious on the mount bolts.
Correct tightness on these I have learned is key.
How well will the threads in this aluminum mount hold up once you 90deg turn the steel bolts? A lot of load is going on this mount. I know they are hardened aluminum, but wonder about durability.

The upper part of shock fits up in rubber pad and does not touch any of the aluminum mount? Also how is upper shock bolt held in. Only see larger hole on top and not smaller hole in cup like 034 steel mounts.

Also, aside from extra camber, what do you see benefits compared to current 034 Mounts.
Sorry for questions.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I'm trying to understand what the strut shaft and strut nut contact on this plate. Is it JUST the "rubber inner puck" or will the strut nut contact the upper metal plate? Is there a metal sleeve in the puck to hold up against the strut nut? Interesting design to say the least. Would be curious to check these out if I hadn't already picked up the GC offering.
I think this a good question as not all strut shafts have the same design. Some taper and some don't and adjustable plates like GC and Vorshlag want to know in order to help you minimize noise (and reduce wear on their bearings).

Wonder if such caution applies here?