GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Motorsports Billet Aluminum MQB Dogbone Mount Insert

iliveoncaffiene

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 718 GT4
Oh man... Time to go get a set. Been holding off on getting the insert since I figured I was going to need to just build my own ramps with wood. Then been super lazy and never actually went to Home Depot to buy materials. :|

I bet if you drive to autozone and ask to check one of the ramps outside in front of your car they'd probably let you.

Bawlti

Ready to race!
Hi can anyone tell me if this mod is worth doing on a DSG PP? What would be the pros and cons?
I have a DSG PP. This dogbone is a must have. Really helps with the wheel hop, specially if you're tuned or have a piggyback. This cheap and easy mod REALLY helps to make the power useable.

mk7 GTI PP | Unitronic ECU & DSG stage 2

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Hi can anyone tell me if this mod is worth doing on a DSG PP? What would be the pros and cons?

100% needed mod. You won't feel the engine/dsg swinging back and forward AS MUCH when you're downshifting or coming to a stop.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
+1 DSG. It really takes out the wheel hop. Does increase nvh minorly (you notice when you start the car, that is about it).

It helped a lot with the stupid massive shift from going from reverse to drive on my car.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Nothing anyone has reported. I doubt there will be any honestly. Have had mine in for about 11k miles with no issues

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
Reviving and old thread, I just installed mine this past weekend on a stock 1.8T golf, the car feels soooooo much better now! Sloppiness of the shift is gone, car feels more planted when you accelerate etc... And, it does sound louder like someone here mentioned. Well worth the $$$

nonbiodegradable weasel

Ready to race!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
So I took mine off when I was troubleshooting my suspension, as the NVH in the cabin was making it hard to hear the subtle suspension noise.

I immediately regretted it, not just because of the wheel hop, but the engine slop is so pronounced now.

It must be because I had it on for so long I was used to crisp low speed shifts and no engine movement.

It's going back in this weekend. Minor NVH from DSG > engine doing the shimmy shimmy shake.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
Just installed this today. Slight increase in vibrations at start up and minimal increase in vibrations around 2k rpm. The jerk in 1st and 2nd gear is complete gone now in my DSG. Highly recommend this product.

spaghetti118

installed mine today.Definitely introduces a tad of vibration and a little noise, not complaining at all makes the car feel alive. 1st gear definitely requires a little more power when first starting off, especially on hills. Overall 10/10 for $40.