GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Motorsports Billet Aluminum MQB Dogbone Mount Insert

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
Got mine installed this morning. Had to grab a POS torque wrench as I just noticed the two I have don't go high enough-- gotta fix that and I hate buying twice!

Pretty simple install. Mount slid right in with no struggle.
Took a 45 minute drive with mixed Bay Area stop and go and some open roads. Can definitely notice vibration from stop to first. Really livable, It feels just like I didn't give it enough gas. In fact a few times I naturally floored it thinking I was going to bog out [emoji41]

The payoff from 1st-2nd outweighs any light vibrations for me. No more 1-2 pogo stick feel!!

Anyway I'm a happy customer and glad I waited for this 034 solution!!!!

Jimmy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
So great to hear! I'll definitely get this.

Anyone (Kyle_A3 aside) have this with engine and tranny mounts too? Is the car just that much more solid?

1fastredsc

Ready to race!
Great to hear! How does it have less NVH when it's more solid/rigid than the Poly inserts other companies have (65, 70, 85 durometer ratings)?

I thought the harder the unit, the more NVH?

Pardon the noobness :eek:

I was scratching my head on this as well. After digging through the thread on vortex, 034 explained that their mount isn't designed to preload the bushing when inserted the way that the poly mounts do.

BTW, I removed my BFI stage 1 poly mount because I couldn't stand the vibrations in reverse, or with the AC on. The 034 mount that I replaced it with is WAYYYYY better in preventing NVH transmission to the cabin while still increasing the rotational stiffness of the drivetrain that I wanted. The increase in NVH from the 034 insert is barely perceptible.

They definitely get my thumbs of approval and I look forward to purchasing their products in the future.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
I might be replacing my BFI with one of these... Keep the input coming pls :)

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I was scratching my head on this as well. After digging through the thread on vortex, 034 explained that their mount isn't designed to preload the bushing when inserted the way that the poly mounts do.

BTW, I removed my BFI stage 1 poly mount because I couldn't stand the vibrations in reverse, or with the AC on. The 034 mount that I replaced it with is WAYYYYY better in preventing NVH transmission to the cabin while still increasing the rotational stiffness of the drivetrain that I wanted. The increase in NVH from the 034 insert is barely perceptible.

They definitely get my thumbs of approval and I look forward to purchasing their products in the future.

Awesome input, my friend! Thanks!

I was thinking of getting the BFI engine and tranny mounts to "lessen" the NVH of my CTS insert (which is 65a) and of course improve the feel of my car under load. But if this does a better job then it will be a better combo with the engine/tranny mounts.

I'm just waiting for the CDN$ to go back up and a US Thanksgiving Sale LOL.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I have this mod, but honestly don't feel much of a difference. It did bend when installing to their torque spec so I don't know if I'm not getting the most out of it. Seems to have improved shifting slightly, but I still feel the engine/tans shift under load. I would like to remove it for comparison to stock again, but I'm afraid of doing so because it appears to be bent.

witsbusa

Ready to race!
Just installed mine yesterday. Only increase in NVH I've noticed is on initial start up, and I'm DSG so sometimes from a dead stop when releasing the brake and the gear is engaged there's slightly more vibration. Totally daily driveable though, absolutely no complaints.

Got my first chance today to test out how it does in preventing wheel hop. I set ESC to completely off and went WOT from a standstill, absolutely no wheel hop whatsoever.

I installed as well and feel like I can tell a difference in power be more directly applied to acceleration... will possibly pull it to see if what I am perceiving is real or imagined, though.. haha.

Install was smooth as silk, no effort at all to slide it into the mount. For a few miles I felt vibration, but as I have heard others mention with the BFI mount (saying vibration improved with a few miles), I don't think I experience any additional vibration after after literally 20 miles or so.. I want to remove it to confirm I am really feeling a difference before I thumbs up the product, but certainly from a vibration standpoint, I have no complaints whatsoever.

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
I have this mod, but honestly don't feel much of a difference. It did bend when installing to their torque spec so I don't know if I'm not getting the most out of it. Seems to have improved shifting slightly, but I still feel the engine/tans shift under load. I would like to remove it for comparison to stock again, but I'm afraid of doing so because it appears to be bent.

It's supposed to make your shifts more crisp, and less wheelhop.

Terra

Passed Driver's Ed
^^^^ THIS

I was using poly insert before aluminum. Both have shifts more crisp with no wheelhop.
The difference (my opinion): NVH is imperceptible with aluminum insert compared to poly!

Mods: APR ECU and DSG, K&N inbox, PSS 235x40 (18X8"), H&R OE Spring

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
Today was the first time I had my wife in the car since I installed my 034 insert. Uphill into our new driveway in reverse with the AC on, shaking the most I've felt yet.
She didn't say a word about it...she did however at that very moment notice my P3 gauge I installed a year ago [emoji16]..I got to "and then it shows exhaust temps" before I got her "ok ok ok love it where do you want to go for dinner".

Warning to you all: she just may notice other mods upon 034 billet torque arm mount install.
Jimmy [emoji106]?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tone1

Ready to race!
Is this piece useful/worth it on a stock GTI? Seems like alot of you guys have tunes but I'm not gonna be doin any serious mods for a while

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Is this piece useful/worth it on a stock GTI? Seems like alot of you guys have tunes but I'm not gonna be doin any serious mods for a while

I was skeptical about the vibrations. I have a stock PP GTI with UBQ brace and the insert. I love the insert made the DSG shifts much much crispier and they seem faster as well. There are some vibrations but it makes the car feel more alive that way. Worth the $$.

PS. The noise of the exhaust changed too.....not sure maybe due to vibrations going about differently.

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M

I have it on my stock gti, just have drop in and cbe. After having it for nearly a month, I can attest that there is a slight increase in vibrations, especially when taking off in 1st gear. However, the most notable difference, which is a good one, is even with slight launching the car takes off buttery smooth and it seems to get the tq down to the ground way better. I have NOT done any clutch dumps or legit launches yet, so can't attest if wheel hop is totally eliminated, which I did experience before. Also, car starts up a bit faster after turning the ignition. As far as shifting, if there was a difference, I didn't feel it. But, I did feel a difference in shifting with the dv+, which I literally installed around a week ago. Hope that helps anyone. For 40 bucks, it's a great mod for a manual car. Machining and quality is top notch.