GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. nomunic

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

https://mammothracing.com/products/afe-15-20-vw-gti-charge-pipe-kit?variant=44823821123904&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Mammoth66&utm_content=aFe%2015-20%20VW%20GTI%20Charge%20Pipe%20Kit&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsqPTyfTthQMVm15HAR0yggKQEAQYASABEgJTovD_BwE This one is...
  2. nomunic

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

Hey everyone, I'm reading through this rn and I'm planning on moving over to the mk8 pcv and Venturi on my 2260 setup. That turbo has its own inlet so I am planning on getting a charge pipe kit that'll allow me to plug into that. So pretty much, what charge pipe kit should I get?
  3. nomunic

TTE 535 Turbo good for daily driver ?

It’ll be fine for daily but obviously bigger turbos= more time to build boost. So the spirited driving portion might be affected but it’s not like it’ll be less of a good car
  4. nomunic

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Lmk how you like it, I went with the sachs 4 luck going in this weekend.
  5. nomunic

Clutch for my build and future plans?

Hello everybody, I've been spending the whole day overthinking this. I have a gt220s with hpfp thats getting ethanol soon. In the future the plans are mamba turbo with mpi and lpfp on ethanol. I daily my car atm and am deciding whether I should future proof it or stick something that is just...
  6. nomunic

Oem digital dash retrofit questions

I’m about to pull the trigger on a digital dash from a golf r. It’s used and I can get the trim and whatever cables are hooked up to it. What would I need to do besides just plugging it in and going? I have an mib2 car
  7. nomunic

In process: Alibaba GTI build

That’s scary bruh 😂
  8. nomunic

Engine build coming?

If you’re yielding good results after retesting then I wouldn’t worry, 115 and the rest of the values are close enough to say that the motor is still healthy. Def do a PCV at that mileage and go ahead with the clutch. While you’re down there you can see your rms, and check the condition of that...
  9. nomunic

RMS tutorial

Thanks brudda
  10. nomunic

RMS tutorial

Anyone have a guide on replacing the rms with oem. Looking to have the info on hand when I replace my IABED one with an oem revision one and wondering if there are any things I should look out for.
  11. nomunic

Chinese market macans

Selling my Chinese market macans that I rebuilt with red rubber grease. They come with new brembo pads and neuspeed lines in red. These worked great, the o my issue I had is with rebuilding, I have some grease leaking from the dust seal and I bent/tore one of them. I think these would be a...
  12. nomunic

Leaking Oil Pan

It’s the gasket most likely, take the opportunity to upgrade to metal options. It’s not a difficult job so don’t stress about it. I believe sensor can be replaced but you’ll have to drain oil.
  13. nomunic

Welding / fabrication All types of material Southern California IE

Damn I want an intake but I’m in Connecticut
  14. nomunic

Should I get rear main seal replaced?

So leave it on = no risk Change it = risky Idk I’ve spoken to people who have had multiple installs with a failure every time. I think if you’re gonna change it just do oem, otherwise just leave it in.
  15. nomunic

Literally what happened to me, can’t believe everyone was passing that on as a necessity
  16. nomunic

Don’t touch it! I wish I woulda left mine alone lol
  17. nomunic

2015 MK7 R / Strange noise ??

Could be a vacuum leak somewhere, if you can find it, it should be a cheap fix
  18. nomunic

In process: Alibaba GTI build

How difficult would it be to put pistons into a brand new motor?