2015 MK7 R / Strange noise ??

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Could be a vacuum leak somewhere, if you can find it, it should be a cheap fix

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Where would i start to look for that ?. You listened to the video ?.
Get an empty paper towel roll, put one end on your ear and start pointing it all around the engine compartment. Try to zero in on the hiss. Just start in one corner of the engine bay and go back and forth, left to right and back to front slowly. You should eventually get at least the right quadrant where the hiss is coming from and then just keep tightening your pattern until you find the origin of the noise.

haflidi3

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI Clubsport
Get an empty paper towel roll, put one end on your ear and start pointing it all around the engine compartment. Try to zero in on the hiss. Just start in one corner of the engine bay and go back and forth, left to right and back to front slowly. You should eventually get at least the right quadrant where the hiss is coming from and then just keep tightening your pattern until you find the origin of the noise.
Haha okok , its going to work ?. Youve tried this methood ?. How much would it cost to fix this issue at the dealer ?.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
First, you need to find it. Dealers here charge USD 205 per hour here just to look for it, so figure at least one hour. Did the sound start suddenly? Do you have a rough idle? Do you have reduced power at low speeds? Do you have any diagnostic equipment?

haflidi3

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI Clubsport
First, you need to find it. Dealers here charge USD 205 per hour here just to look for it, so figure at least one hour. Did the sound start suddenly? Do you have a rough idle? Do you have reduced power at low speeds? Do you have any diagnostic equipment?
Everything else sounds and feels right. Its just this sound thats not giving me good vibes. The idle sounds good as you can hear in this video.
Take a listen : https://streamable.com/qgm67x

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Haha okok , its going to work ?. Youve tried this methood ?. How much would it cost to fix this issue at the dealer ?.
Yes, it's worked for me in the past so I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise. How much to fix? Can't tell as we don't yet know what's wrong!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I don't think it sounds like a hiss. Sounds more like a rubbing noise to me. How many miles/kms are on the car? Dose the sound get faster when you rev it? Sound carries, but I don't know of anything inside the car that would make a continuous sound like that. Open the hood and listen.

Last edited:

haflidi3

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI Clubsport
I don't think it sounds like a hiss. Sounds more like a rubbing noise to me. How many miles/kms are on the car? Dose the sound get faster when you rev it? Sound carries, but I don't know of anything inside the car that would make a continuous sound like that. Open the hood and listen.
The odo is at 88k kms right now. I cant hear it from outside if i open the hood. Not easily at least. I hear it very clearly inside the cabin and when i give the car some gas it builds up the turbo and lets the air out. But then it comes back just after i let off the pedal.