GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

How can I tell if the DCC shocks are worn?

I think they're fine, but maybe I'm wrong and they're not fine. Link to ur articles, plz
  2. B

How can I tell if the DCC shocks are worn?

2018 Golf R. It was a slow and gradual change, but the suspension doesn't feel like it used to. At least in "normal" DCC mode, it feels like the initial travel of the suspension seems under-damped, and then somehow extra damping kicks in mid-stroke or on bigger hits, resulting in a "harsh"...
  3. B

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

new, but the clearance issues are radial, not axial
  4. B

Which is the correct throwout bearing to use on a Sachs clutch kit?

2018 Golf R Clutch + friction: 002352.999502R DMF flywheel: Item number: 2294.001.999G Throwout bearing: Sachs website suggests: 613182.654150 (metal?) , but ECS website says it doesn't fit FCP Euro suggests: 3182600241 (plastic) I have read posts with either bearing failing after install, and...
  5. B

Should I get rear main seal replaced?

Thanks for the replies. After some more digging around, it seems that the current version of the OEM one (with "double lip seal"?) was released around 2021. I wonder if that was around the time that the leaky RMS complaints stopped? (Not counting due to bad PCV) I feel a little bit bad for...
  6. B

Should I get rear main seal replaced?

2018 Golf R Manual with 45K miles. At some point soon I will get the clutch replaced due to Stage 1. What to do about rear main seal? I think the current OEM version is 06K103171P. Is it newer than the one I already have? One mechanic said that if it looks dry, just leave it alone. Mine isn't...
  7. B

Review: APR SCU (DSC Controller)

The DSC guy mentioned a "level sensor error" that was fixed in the newer hardware, but I assumed he meant something related to the suspension, not the headlights. Well whatever, all I want to know if it is going to cause errors or not.
  8. B

Update to say I called DSC to ask about their controller. They acknowledged that it does not "talk back" to the CANBUS, but that there was also a hardware change and that only early units gave error codes. Perhaps it is ok to buy one if they will allow an unconditional return if it does throw...
  9. B

I'm also one of those "slowly losing coolant" people

The dealer's pressure test was 2 bar, 45 minutes
  10. B

I'm also one of those "slowly losing coolant" people

2018 Golf R, almost out of warranty. I don't remember ever having to top off the coolant until last November. (Maybe during one of the car inspections / repairs along the way somebody "topped up all the fluids") Anyway I took it to the dealer, they pressure tested it and found no leaks. Oh...
  11. B

Why not just get springs with an adjustable perch (like Ground Control) and put those on your stock Monroe DCC shocks. Now you have "coil overs". Use the DSC module to make the shocks stiffer.
  12. B

It's weird - all these units either get returned or sold off.
  13. B

Race mode makes the gas pedal too touchy

The only thing I noticed is when "rough road" is off AND ESC is off, the turbo boost hits harder at around 3000 rpm.
  14. B

"normal" throttle setting definitely has more lag to it
  15. B

Hello folks, I am referring to the individual setting for [shoot, I forgot "drive system"?] under the custom settings for mode that refers to the engine / gas pedal only, not suspension or other things. With the "race" setting the pedal is more responsive (less lag) than "normal" but it also...
  16. B

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Nobody will care because these wheels are discontinued now, but anyway the narrowest gap is a bit over 4mm, near the center of the caliper, near the outer edge. Going further inboard the clearance is better because the diameter of the barrel also gets larger.
  17. B

2024 bump to ask if either APR or DSC made any updates or changes to these units to address the error codes. Or should I consider this an abandoned product? (seemed really good in principle)
  18. B

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

I dunno, why don't you go on some wheel vendor's website and use their filter-by-criteria feature to find out
  19. B

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

2024 bump to ask those of you with the Motegi MR146 17x8.5 ET42. I read that they "barely" clear the PP / R brakes, but what kind of gap are we talking about here? 2mm? 8mm?