GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Hockey

Traded in my GTI because it needed a turbo replacement

Around August the wastegate actuator on my turbo went and I replaced it with ECS's aftermarket option, however it still didn't fix the problem. The dealer and an independent shop told me I needed a turbo replacement. After all that I finally decided to trade in the car because I didn't want to...
  2. Hockey

Dealer told me I need a turbo replacement

I went to the dealer after a EPC like came on in my car. I needed to get a recall and DSG service taken care of so I had them look at the problem with the light too. I was told I needed a new turbo after they looked at the codes in the image I attatched. Are they correct in conclusion I need a...
  3. Hockey

What's the deal with Beetle hubcaps?

Does anyone know where to purchase the hubcaps that the Beetle has? (Preferably not from the expensive dealership) I want to get a set and put them on my steel winter wheels if I can.
  4. Hockey

Injen intake - What part is this?

I have had my intake for a few years now and there is this little rubber gasket piece that goes around a solid plastic piece to keep it in place. One of them came off and is gone, I don't want to spend the money for an intake so I was wondering if I can find this rubber gasket piece somewhere or...
  5. Hockey

Damaged front grill, is it fixable?

In the summer I had a stone go into my grill right inside the VW emblem and broke most of the plastic behind the emblem. I got some inlay stickers to put inside the emblem and to my surprise the little stickers held up for another 6 months but now I have a few small holes in the stickers and I'm...
  6. Hockey

What happens if I add a DP with a stage 1?

So right now I'm pretty happy with the power gains I'm getting but am thinking of adding a catted DP I can get second hand off someone for cheap. The thing is I'm currently stage 1.5 adjustable file Eurodyne and I don't want to go stage 2 which will make me want to spend more money on an IC and...
  7. Hockey

I drove in paint

Driving home last week a road work crew past me going the other direction. When I passed them I heard something that I thought sounded like sand or rocks hitting the side of my car. I pulled over to find it was bright yellow paint. The kind they use to do the lines for the roads. Long story...
  8. Hockey

What are these mods?

Someone from my area gave me some gifts he said wouldn't fit/work with his car, Audi A4 I think. He wasn't even really sure what the mods were because someone else gave them to him. So, does anyone know what this stuff is? Thanks.
  9. Hockey

FS: JB1 without cable

Located in Clarington. Can meet anywhere in Durham region (Ontario) $400
  10. Hockey

Lost my DSG farts after Eurodyne tune

Just got back from getting my car tuned. Eurodyne stage 1.5 ECU and DSG. On the drive home I had the chance to do a few launches on some back roads and I heard none to very minimal DSG farts/pops than before. Just wanted to add that I liked the farts/pops and would like them back, thanks.
  11. Hockey

Opinions on Touren wheels?

Hey, I am about to buy and have these wheels installed next weekend and wanted to know if anyone had any experience or info on the Touren TR60/w red wheels, before I go through with it. Are these a better performance option then the Austins? I don't know much about wheel upgrades. Thanks.
  12. Hockey

Front GTI lettering fell off.

I went away for the weekend and when I got back the "I" off the front of the car was sitting in my driveway. Somehow the letter came off. Will the dealer fix this for me or do I need to make a warranty claim? I've purchased the car from the dealer 3 months ago.
  13. Hockey

Anyone have experience with Eurocharged Tuning?

I am shopping for a stage 1 tune and these guys seem affordable but wanted to get some more info. http://eurocharged.ca/product/golf-gti-mk7-2-0tsi-performance-engine-software-mbq-golf-gti-2-0-ecu/
  14. Hockey

Need help finding something to cover damaged area

I noticed this after the snow started to melt. Same damage on the other side too. I think someone tried to hoist the car up incorrectly. Anyways, now that I've noticed this I will never unnotice it and need a solution to fix/hide it. Currently the best idea I have come up with would be to...
  15. Hockey

Opinions on DP sound/performance

I'm considering a catted DP. I currently have a muffler delete. I wouldn't want the car to be any louder then it is, so what good performance muffler options are there? Also, is it worth it for me? Only real performance mod I have is a JB1 on default settings. Would I only see a small gain to...
  16. Hockey

Transmission slipping?

I have noticed a few times now, coming home from work. I always backup into my drive way and when I went from D to R, the gears didn't change. So I then switched into P then R and was able to park. I noticed this same thing happened about a week ago. Am I having transmission issues? Car is...
  17. Hockey

Front/Rear emblem inlay questions

I'm looking at getting this inlay for my car but have a few concerns. https://www.kliimotorwerkes.com/collections/volkswagen-graphic-and-color-inlays/products/front-badge-inlay-mk7-gti-plaid Will I need to get new badges? Some say they can't be removed without breaking. Also, do I even need to...
  18. Hockey

Cargo liner/organizers

I'm looking at getting something for cargo. As I work in construction I would like somewhere to keep dirty work boots, tools, ect. Also I hate driving with a few things in the back that go flying when I turn a corner. Currently looking at this. Anyone else have it...
  19. Hockey

GTI vs The 401 in Toronto

Was driving on the 401 highway headed towards the city when someone in a Mitsubishi Lancer tries to pass everyone. The car was passing on the inside when it started to spin on the ice and did a 180 degree turn in front of me. Bounced off one car and into another then pieces of the bumper came...
  20. Hockey

OBDEleven sharing in Ontario

Thought I would see if anyone would be interested in letting myself or others borrow their OBD11 donge to make some tweaks. Currently waiting for mine to be shipped. (14-60 days shipping) From Clarington - Greater Toronto Area.