GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

OEM 18" Prets available

I swore I saw them on the order sheet at first, I guess you can buy the 18" black separate as I got a quote from the parts department last year. I stand corrected!
  2. A

South African security officers mk7.5R.

My foot instinctively pressed on the brakes when I heard the emergency braking warning!
  3. A

OEM 18" Prets available

Available as an option in black on Canadian 2019. Would have taken it if it was available in 2018, looks great with Tornado Red.
  4. A

2018 R DSG Fuel Economy stats

I have a 2018 DSG R and my numbers are very close to yours, (22.5 mpg with a best of 35.5) with similar profile except shorter commute. Few long highway trips in eco mode in there as well. Very happy owner given the performance of the car and 6 months of winter (winter gas hurts mileage)...
  5. A

'19 Mk7.5 R issues

I just realized last night that I got the protection package (mostly to repair/replace bent Pretorias, figured if I used it twice it would pay for itself) which covers windshield replacement. Will update on if the calibration is really needed although since it is covered by VW they will...
  6. A

Oil/Filter Question - Canadians

I use Liqui Moly 5w40 Leichtlauf in my 2018R (our sticker says 502/504 and so does the manual. I read BITOG forums and decided to run 40 weight in my R (there is no correct answer here as long as you use VW approved oil for your model and year, not trying to start an oil war!) and so far (almost...
  7. A

'19 Mk7.5 R issues

I am going through this right now, I too believe calibration is not necessarily needed if the installer knows what they are doing. I will be getting a quote from the dealer (will get the glass from there since I want OEM) and see who they outsource it to (I have had pretty good experiences with...
  8. A

4motion/Haldex service intervals

Not that it matters anymore but the link clearly has a "2.0T 4Motion Automatic-7" in the transmission drop down when you put 2018 and Golf R in the other selectors. No idea what you were looking at.
  9. A

4motion/Haldex service intervals

60K km (just under 40K miles) in Canada for Haldex service on my 2018 R (https://owners.vwmodels.ca/maintenance/timeline/). Perhaps they factor in the conditions up here?
  10. A

2018 Golf R Winter Tires - 18’s or 17’s?

Running 225/45/17 Nokian R3 and kept the Porto wheels (7") from our TDI when we sold it back to VW. Have had tight brake clearances (CSRT4 with 18" previously) on my last two cars and have had no issues FWIW. It is parked indoors overnight. I like driving these better in a way, hit a monster...