GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 7umberjackZac

Informative guide on possible OEM (+) front brake swaps on MQB cars

I'm neck deep in this Mk2 Tiguan and starting to get nervous. It's looking like a very low offset would be necessary to clear these. Stock wheels are about 20mm too close Stock 340 rotors are just bit too wide. Looking at 338x30 but more likely 330x30 Will be giving them a try on the GTI I guess.
  2. 7umberjackZac

In process: Alibaba GTI build

Hope you have $40k to slap down for IROZ if you're talking about building a 1000hp DAZA engine
  3. 7umberjackZac

Not interested in EVs

Not interested in EVs
  4. 7umberjackZac

vland mk7.5 Sequential taillight

NAR and my AKD 7.5s are just about setup but I have the brake light delay when lights are off😕... Also my wiring needs corrected for RVC. https://youtube.com/shorts/3T3xCeE5R68?feature=share
  5. 7umberjackZac

Running Cobb AP (EQT) tune and a different company's OTS DSG file?

Yea I went off the recommendations from there and was seriously disappointed with the Stratifed TCU tune he raved about. That company dgaf once they had my money. APR still offers a refund within a time frame I believe. EQT... I'd say be prepared to continue to pay them for revisions if you are...
  6. 7umberjackZac

Bm5 brake kit MK7 Golf R

Depends on your steering knuckle. no with the aluminium
  7. 7umberjackZac

Part Out

All this stuff gone?
  8. 7umberjackZac

Calculating Lambda for Ethanol mixes

Been seeing people running straight e85 and their fuel pumps and metals bits are looking 100 years old with corrosion. Nasty
  9. 7umberjackZac

Calculating Lambda for Ethanol mixes

Wow too cool. I literally google searched for calculating AFR for ethanol mixes and came across my own post again! + 5 years. I promise it's much more interesting now. I am working on a spreadsheet to quickly calculate Injector timetables for any platform with VE and speed density. It gets...
  10. 7umberjackZac

DIY Multi-port Injection Kit.

We can definitively say that a correctly wired flap sensor piggyback does work.
  11. 7umberjackZac

Car in for warranty at dealer, died in their hands

Yes. Like it's specifically there for warranty timing chain and they let it fail before repairs. I dunno, I would never go to the dealer, even for recall. They can reimburse me. They are trying to sell him obviously, like "you knew the timing chain was a ticking time bomb, it's not our fault."
  12. 7umberjackZac

Car in for warranty at dealer, died in their hands

Hi all, my uncle took his Jetta in under a timing chain warranty 10 year 100k lawsuit thing 98k miles. Well AFTER they had received the vehicle at some point the timing chain slipped and he's now in need of a totally new head. They first came back to him with like $5000 bill and now $2000. Is...
  13. 7umberjackZac

Creak when turning steering wheel

99% strut bearings and over tightening the strut nut
  14. 7umberjackZac

Curious about jerkiness in 1st and 2nd gear

I don't know why is this an argument? Really easy OP, mash the gas for 1 second and then let off. Keep the car in the same gear, don't clutch. Either it's moving around or it's not.
  15. 7umberjackZac

Anybody press in/out bearings wheel hubs?

In the interest of quality, eco-friendliness and cost savings decided to look at replacing the bearings in some worn wheel hub assemblies. I see no information on this because it requires a press, know how and much less money. Perhaps rising costs will increase interest in this. I'm seeing high...
  16. 7umberjackZac

M6x1 x 40 be my guess. It's pretty close
  17. 7umberjackZac

You need a custom tune. Row cars with mpi are only running something like 160cc injectors. The priority tables on combustion need changed, the injector pw and dead time will be wrong
  18. 7umberjackZac

IE released Rolling ALS + 2Step LC today

IE - "Our RAL is not destroying your engine in the way we had anticipated, for that, we are truly sorry"