GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car in for warranty at dealer, died in their hands

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Hi all, my uncle took his Jetta in under a timing chain warranty 10 year 100k lawsuit thing 98k miles. Well AFTER they had received the vehicle at some point the timing chain slipped and he's now in need of a totally new head. They first came back to him with like $5000 bill and now $2000.

Is this dealer wack or what? He drove his running car to them and then it "broke". I said for him to talk to BBB ... VWoA is involved but not doing anything.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Wait, the car was running and he brought it in for a recall. The dealer damaged the car while it was in their possession and they want to charge your uncle for repairing the damage they caused while they had the car? The damage that was caused was directly related to the work that the dealership was doing on the car?

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Wait, the car was running and he brought it in for a recall. The dealer damaged the car while it was in their possession and they want to charge your uncle for repairing the damage they caused while they had the car? The damage that was caused was directly related to the work that the dealership was doing on the car?
This. Don’t settle for anything less than a comped repair.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Yes. Like it's specifically there for warranty timing chain and they let it fail before repairs. I dunno, I would never go to the dealer, even for recall. They can reimburse me. They are trying to sell him obviously, like "you knew the timing chain was a ticking time bomb, it's not our fault."