GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Air Conditioning Half Works

Today driving home from work in 90F ambient temps, I noticed my interior was not cooling normally. I have the dual climate control and set both sides to sync at 68F. The blower speed never decreased on my 40 minute commute. I could feel normal cool air coming out of the driver side vents, but...
  2. R

Squeak on Clutch Pedal Release

Since the weather is warmed up here now, I have been driving with the windows down the past couple of days. I can hear a very noticeable squeak or screech noise when the clutch pedal gets to the very top. This isn't coming from inside the cabin, but sounds as though it is coming from outside the...
  3. R

Most Compact Ski Roof Box

Hi Everyone, I'm looking for the most budget friendly, shortest (must fit 2 pairs of 170cm Skis and 1 157cm Snowboard) ski box that will mount to OEM rails. Any suggestions?
  4. R

FS: 4 Used 19" Cadiz Wheels

SOLDTake offs from my 2016 Golf R. They have about 28k miles on them. The tires are still mounted, but have very little tread left. Might just barely pass inspection, but I wouldn't drive on them for more than another 1-2k miles. Wheels are in great shape. Nice and clean. Only two minor...
  5. R

Black Friday Wheels/Tires?

Anyone know of any black Friday deals going on, or where they might go on this weekend? I'm looking to pick up a new summer wheel and tire set.
  6. R

Shifter Wiggle

Not sure what the common descriptive term is for this, but I'm talking about being able to wiggle the shift knob while it is in gear (6MT of course). Maybe this is "slop" as people call it? I'd like to remove that. Would the fix for that be bushings?
  7. R

Jack storage Foam

Anyone know where I could get the foam piece that holds the spare tire tools (part number 5G0012115N) that doesn't have a super high shipping cost? Cars245 wants $55 shipping e-Acca wants $50 shipping Ebay has some listings for $60 shipping I don't want to pay almost $100 for a piece of styrofoam
  8. R

Scary Close Caliper Clearance

I just test fit my winter wheel set that I ordered from TireRack. They clear the front calipers with about 2mm of space, right up until the wheel weights. They still clear, but by maybe a couple pieces of paper. They deffinetly aren't touching. When I pulled the wheel back off there were no...
  9. R

Quick Seat Covers

I recently took a few day trips to the beach for the day. Drive there, enjoy the beach, go back to the car, drive home, realize my passengers and I have brought some of the beach back with us. I'm looking for something I can quickly cover the seats to protect the leather. I'm not interested in...
  10. R

Tire Rebates

I just wanted to bring some attention to this as it might be a pretty good deal for some people. Also, sorry if this is already old news. I found the ad from Tirerack while browsing the less popular wheel/tire section of the forum and thought people might miss out on the combo of rebates...
  11. R

Test exhaust flaps

Is there a way to test the functionality of your exhaust flaps? I just got OBDEleven, and disabled my exhaust flaps. It sounds no different to me. I enabled them again, sounds the same. So now I'm wondering if they were actually working in the first place.
  12. R

Most Unlucky Car

A week after I bought the car a rock bent in the inside of my driver side fender. A month later, I was rear ended. Next my hatch window plastic spoiler curtain started falling off. Then I (or a parking attendant) scratched my steering wheel. Then I curbed my wheel. Then I noticed my spoiler was...
  13. R

Wheel/Tire sales

When is the best time to pick up a set of wheels and tires. Specifically looking to get a winter set. I see right now I can save $70 on Continental tires, but realistically I don't need my winter set until November at the earliest. Are there usually better sales around black Friday time?
  14. R

Spoiler coming unglued?

So today I noticed this little gem. It appears the top of my spoiler is coming up slightly. It actually contacts the roof line when opening the hatch at one point. I'd imagine this will get worse over time. 23k on the car. Is this common? I'll most likely be taking it to the dealer, hopefully...
  15. R

Car Ramp safety

I have no garage, no level street, and a yard with a gravel parking area that has a minor decline to it (maybe around 5 degree or less). Would it be safe to back my car up the gravel parking area, put ramps at the bottom, and drive up onto them for oil changes and minor work? Anyone have any...
  16. R

Winter Tire suggestions for 19's

Does anyone have any recommendations for winter tires to fit the stock Cadiz 19 inch wheels? Looks like Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D and Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3's are the only 2 options on TireRack.
  17. R

Cracking Leather Steering Wheel

Anyone else get anything like this? There is cracking in the leather on my steering wheel at the 9 o clock position. I only have 22,000 miles on the car, is it possible that this is normal wear? Can I fix it? Could this be warranted?
  18. R

Stock Cadiz wheels for Winter

Is it crazy to use the 19 inch Cadiz wheels as a winter wheel set? I'm planning on buying a new set of light weight 18 inch wheels with summer tires, once my factory rubber wears out. I will also need a set of winter wheels and tires. I'd like to keep the Cadiz wheels so that I have them for...
  19. R

Hatch Piano Black Side Curtains?

Okay, I can imagine this has come up before, but I don't know what they are called so my searches were not going well. Probably because it is getting hot now, but one of the two piano black side curtains on the rear hatch window is peeling up. It looks like it is just some black double sided...
  20. R

Push to stop issue

Has anyone ever had an issue turning off the ignition with the KESSY system? A few days ago I had to press the ignition button 5 times before my R turned off. This has happened twice since then. I am in park. When it is acting up, I've tried pressing it while in gear and out of gear, with my...