GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

OBDEleven - looking for opinions

I have an older OBD11 Pro that I used with a hand me down Android phone. The phone finally died. I don't have any other Android products but I do have an iPhone. Should I buy an new OBD11 to use with the iPhone (which now requires a yearly subscription as I understand)? Or buy a newer Android...
  2. S

Paint(?) transfer on ski pass through opening

Noticed a blue streak around most on the plastic outer trim of the ski pass through in the backseat. I have no idea what it is from. I use it for a crutch bag when travelling for work but the bag is black wth a gray strap and mostly canvas, no blue on it. I tried wiping it off with 1Z...
  3. S

Lost glovebox cogwheel, replacment part available?

Was replacing the air filter and the little wheel that helps slow the glove box opening fell into the void. In looking at part sites, I don't see that part listed. In looking at the parts blow out diagrams, its not shown. There is a Hardware Kit (5G0-898-010-B), but no description of what is...
  4. S

GTI fog lamp attachment point?

I noticed that one of fog lamps was not seated properly when washing my car tonight. Upon closer examination, I found a broken bracket/tab at the top of the fog lamp assembly where the screw attaches to the body of the vehicle. The broken piece is not part of the fog lamp assembly itself...
  5. S

Grr, someone hit my rear bumper last night

Noticed it this morning at work. Someone gave me a love tape last night. No dents or cracks but enough to break off the bottom of my license plate frame and leave scratches/scuffs around the plate and lip above it. Scratches aren't particularly deep but the scuff marks are obvious on my black...
  6. S

Green engineering menu, what does it do?

I've looked around here and other websites haven't found any answers. What exactly can one do with access to the green engineering menu? Does it have the ability to unlock features of the car or tweak things? Or is it just for debugging and testing things?
  7. S

door ding on crease

Got a door ding today on the passenger door. Took the paint off in a small area on the horizontal door crease. Doesn't seem to have actually left a dent thankfully. I have touch up paint and a Quixx repair kit. I've used the kit before but only on thin scratches on flat surfaces. Given...
  8. S

Is this the normal look for halogen headlights

I've had my car for almost a year but for some reason just tonight I noticed that the inner lights are dimly light when the outer low beams are on. I have a Euro switch and have my DRL's turned off but no other modifications to the headlights.
  9. S

VCDS in Willow Grove/Lower Bucks area?

Anyone in the greater Willow Grove or Lower Bucks County (Levittown, Trevose, Bensalem) area have VCDS and willing to help out? Looking for someone to do a few tweaks - 4 or 5 total. PM me if available and asking price (beer, cash, etc)
  10. S

VCDS in Willow Grove/Lower Bucks area?

Anyone in the greater Willow Grove or Lower Bucks County (Levittown, Trevose, Bensalem) area have VCDS and willing to help out? Looking for someone to do a few tweaks - 4 or 5 total. PM me if available and asking price (beer, cash, etc)
  11. S

Iphone music app now autoplays

I had my MIB II software updated last week but didn't notice this until yesterday. Every time I start the car, my iPhone 6s (ios 9.2) now automatically starts to play music. When I slide the lock screen to open the phone I see a message at the bottom that the car (VW ####) has connected to...
  12. S

Cleaning interior plastic panels?

What do you all use to to clean the carbon-fiber looking parts of the interior? Mine have fingerprints all over them - mostly around the radio and climate control knobs but also on the lid of the USB cubby. I thought Meguiar's quick detailer on a microfiber towel did the trick but the...