GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Iphone music app now autoplays

sbarrett4

Ready to race!
I had my MIB II software updated last week but didn't notice this until yesterday. Every time I start the car, my iPhone 6s (ios 9.2) now automatically starts to play music. When I slide the lock screen to open the phone I see a message at the bottom that the car (VW ####) has connected to Music. Once its conncents, the lock screen switches to a screen showing the current song's album art and music controls are present. I have no music actually on the phone, just what shows up as purchased songs from iTunes.

This happens even though I have the Satellite radio playing, so I don't hear the iphone playing music unless I switch to the BT Audio option, then it starts right up.

I've tried a few things to stop it but nothing has worked:
- switch the MIB II Media to AUX instead of BT Audio
- turn off Cellular Data use for Music
- signed out of Icloud
- not subscribed to iTunes Match
- not subscribed to iTunes radio
- signed out of iTunes (now I have no music showing at all but it still connects to the Music app)
- turned on Restriction of Apple Music Connect

I think Air Play has something to with the issue, but I can't find a way to disable it permanently. I have to uncheck the car's Bluetooth connection from the slide up menu each time - after its connected to the car.

I can't find any other controls in the MIB II or on the phone to disable the auto start of Music.

Anyone else having this issue?