GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by skinnyroots

1. S

Engine vibrates/shakes at low speeds when A/C is on

Last summer, I was driving with a couple passengers. The A/C was on and I was in traffic. Whenever I'd take my foot off the brake and let the car creep forward, it'd kind of stutter. The passengers commented on it but I didn't think much of it. And I couldn't figure out what was causing it, but...
  2. S

Bulb Type for OEM License Plate Lights

Does anyone know what type of bulb the OEM license plate lights use? I installed the DeAutoKey LED license plate lights a couple years ago, and they looked great, but the wire has gone bad with time. I just want to switch back to the OEM lights until my new LEDs show up. The problem is that I...
  3. S

Strange start up: engine cranks, doesn't start, automatically cranks again & starts

Strange start up: engine cranks, doesn't start, automatically cranks again & starts Hi all. I've been having this weird issue with my 2016 Golf every now and then. It happens once every couple of weeks. The car hasn't thrown any codes (EPC or CEL) and it drives perfectly fine otherwise. But...
  4. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I just had a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE760 fitted on my Golf. I've only driven on them from the shop back to the office (about 15 minutes). But even in that short amount time, I've noticed that the car feels a hell of a lot more planted than before. I'm coming from an incredibly crappy set...
  5. S

Upgrading Pads and Rotors for Golf 1.8T

Hey everyone, First and foremost, I apologize if this question has been asked already. What can you recommend for upgraded pads and rotors for the Golf 1.8T? I'm not really interested in replacing the entire caliper, but I would like for the brakes to have a little more bite. I've read good...
  6. S

Small dent/hole on driver side frame

It snowed last night. I was reversing into my driveway. The snow had piled up and I couldn't properly see the curb, until my driver side mounted it. I heard a scratch come from beneath the car. I went a did a walk around today and I found this little hole: https://postimg.org/image/bwrkrbl93/...
  7. S

Bumper rubbing on driveway

As you can see, I'm having a bit of trouble with the driveway at my new place. I don't think this will be much of a problem when I put my 18's back on. But for now, I can't stand to hear the scrape of my bumper against the sidewalk when I back out. Do you know of anything I can put on the...
  8. S

Skid plates and my MK7 Golf Auto

Hey everyone. I recently moved to the city and my mod priorities are changing to reflect that. My new house has a slightly steeper driveway than my old one. Lately, when I've been backing out I hear some scraping coming from the front end. So I think it's time to invest in a proper skid...
  9. S

Are those Ed's reps? Considering them for my next mod.
  10. S

Is anyone here using an upgraded Diverter Valve?

I'm considering something similar to this: http://www.gfb.com.au/products/blow-off-and-diverter-valves/dv-plus/dv-t9351-suits-late-model-vag-euro-applications-detail I've read a lot of positive reviews about GFB's DV+. Everyone seems to agree that it noticeably improves throttle response, and...
  11. S

I put this sticker on my window to celebrate my tune. The only problem is that it ripped off halfway. But I guess Uni is still short for Unitronic, right? http://imgur.com/a/sjrJB
  12. S

How long should stock suspension last for?

I've installed VW's OEM lowering springs but every other part of my suspension is stock. But, I recently heard that lowering springs have the potential to accelerate the wear to my other suspension components (i.e. dampeners, struts, etc.). Now my question is, how long should the stock...
  13. S

I just went Stage 1 Unitronic on my 2016 Golf 1.8T and I have a few questions

It's been amazing so far. I haven't even been tuned for a full day but I'm really excited to see what this car can do. I drove it off the lot a year ago and I've put all 33,000 km on it since then. I've been following the factory maintenance schedule but now that it's tuned I'd like to do as...
  14. S

Can someone help me confirm that this is the part I need for my Air Cabin Filter?

Dealer wants more than $50 to swap this out for me but I'd rather do it myself. https://www.amazon.ca/Mann-Filter-CUK-2862-Activated-Volkswagen/dp/B000CB3ZY0/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1480175157&sr=1-1&keywords=Mann-Filter+CUK+2862
  15. S

Has anyone successfully removed the small storage compartment below driver's seat?

I use that space to store miscellaneous stuff but recently something got stuck behind the drawer and that's preventing it from closing fully. I've done some searching and I haven't been able to find instructions for how to remove this drawer. I've also tried fiddling around with it but to no...