GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Karthoum

1. Karthoum

For sale 2018 GTI SE MT

Is this pics before and after the H&R OE Sport Springs?
  2. Karthoum

DRL is dead

So possibly the BMW side of the fence has adopted this as their own. 😂
  3. Karthoum

DRL is dead

I actually stumbled onto this thread researching for a buddy with the DRL failure. Dealer is jerking him around just replacing parts.
  4. Karthoum

DRL is dead

Hey no problem! Always here to help keep the brands on their side of the fence. 😁 Happy to keep everyone better of.
  5. Karthoum

DRL is dead

Well.....technically "Angel Eyes" is a BMW nickname...never once heard it used in VW circles. Not that it matters to the problem.
  6. Karthoum

VWR springs ruined my stock shocks... what to choose from here?

Just jumping in to give my perspective. It seems to me, that if the factory stops are designed to sit at a particular height for factory setup up, and you drop the suspension by say 25mm, the stop should be cut by that drop amount (or close to it) to allow the same room for before you hit the...
  7. Karthoum

255/35/r18 tire fitment

Did you do new sway bar links?
  8. Karthoum

255/35/r18 tire fitment

Follow up. I think this size might just be the sweet spot in my opinion. The car feels like a completely different car with the PSAS4 over the Pirelli P7 from the factory. I liken it to when I switched from the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric to PS4S on the Cayman. And I am definitely dropping it.
  9. Karthoum

255/35/r18 tire fitment

Yeah I would be the same. It's just the fact of spending over 2 grand for something to get corroded up and full of grit. While on the subject, is there much difference in ride quality between the two?
  10. Karthoum

255/35/r18 tire fitment

I have gone back and forth on just springs, or coilovers but I'm not sure I want the mess of the coilovers during the winter. Salty and sandy roads are bad enough on stuff that is protected from it, but leave all that fine threaded aluminum just out there to take all the crap, that seems like a...
  11. Karthoum

255/35/r18 tire fitment

As a follow up to show the MKV vs MK7, this is a picture of my R32 with VW Karthoum wheels, 18x8 +50. The stock MK7 18" Pretoria's are 18x7.5 +51. This is why I say the stock VW wheels for the MK7 should have been +43-+45 in my opinion. I think it was a case of tooling, not wanting to tool up...
  12. Karthoum

255/35/r18 tire fitment

I debated on the PS4S, I have them on the Cayman and just absolutely love them, but the GTI being my daily, I decided for a little compromise and went with the PSAS4 so I don't have to swap wheels each winter. They should be fine for daily use. I also have these on the 02 GLX and they've been...
  13. Karthoum

255/35/r18 tire fitment

Tires should be here today, so as soon as I get them on and get this thing washed! I'll get some pics....and I'm planning probably this summer to drop it on VWR sport springs...or MAYBE Neuspeed. It's funny, my R32 was on VWR springs and rear sway bar and I loved the look and feel but I never...