GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

255/35/r18 tire fitment

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I have gone back and forth on just springs, or coilovers but I'm not sure I want the mess of the coilovers during the winter. Salty and sandy roads are bad enough on stuff that is protected from it, but leave all that fine threaded aluminum just out there to take all the crap, that seems like a poor way to treat something that is approaching $2500 all in. And yeah, I know they make weather wraps for them, but only the fronts. I've never seen them for the rears. But I do like the ability to dial in the amount of drop rather than what the spring just gives you.
most nicer kits come with boots for the shocks. the threaded aluminum adjusters in the rear are relatively inexpensive to just replace outright if they were to seize up.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I have gone back and forth on just springs, or coilovers but I'm not sure I want the mess of the coilovers during the winter. Salty and sandy roads are bad enough on stuff that is protected from it, but leave all that fine threaded aluminum just out there to take all the crap, that seems like a poor way to treat something that is approaching $2500 all in. And yeah, I know they make weather wraps for them, but only the fronts. I've never seen them for the rears. But I do like the ability to dial in the amount of drop rather than what the spring just gives you.

How often would you be doing adjusting anyways though? I mean I've touched mine maybe three times after the install, and that was all within the first month just to get things dialed in. Haven't touched them since.

Karthoum

Ready to race!
Car(s)
21 GTI SE, 14 Cayman
How often would you be doing adjusting anyways though? I mean I've touched mine maybe three times after the install, and that was all within the first month just to get things dialed in. Haven't touched them since.
Yeah I would be the same. It's just the fact of spending over 2 grand for something to get corroded up and full of grit. While on the subject, is there much difference in ride quality between the two?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
FWIW B16s aren't aluminum bodied. just chrome-plated steel.

I spray some boeshield t9 on before/after winter, works great.

Karthoum

Ready to race!
Car(s)
21 GTI SE, 14 Cayman
FWIW B16s aren't aluminum bodied. just chrome-plated steel.

I spray some boeshield t9 on before/after winter, works great.
Good to know!

Karthoum

Ready to race!
Car(s)
21 GTI SE, 14 Cayman
Follow up. I think this size might just be the sweet spot in my opinion. The car feels like a completely different car with the PSAS4 over the Pirelli P7 from the factory. I liken it to when I switched from the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric to PS4S on the Cayman. And I am definitely dropping it.
IMG_7184-1.jpg
IMG_7186.jpg
IMG_7189.jpg
IMG_7190.jpg
IMG_7191.jpg

Last edited:

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Follow up. I think this size might just be the sweet spot in my opinion. The car feels like a completely different car with the PSAS4 over the Pirelli P7 from the factory. I liken it to when I switched from the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric to PS4S on the Cayman. And I am definitely dropping it.
View attachment 299119View attachment 299120View attachment 299121View attachment 299122View attachment 299123
Yup, I made up my mind. That the exact fit I want, nice and meaty!

Reactions: krs