GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Chr15b

1. C

Buzzing from b pillar

Hi, I've got a 5 door GTI, it's a 2014 model and over the last few months I've become aware of an intermittent buzzing coming from the b pillar - has anyone else had this and been able to work out what it is? It's driving me crazy It does it even when the radio is off, opening and closing the...
  2. C

Fitted seat covers

Hi, have a new dog and want to get some seat covers for the rear seats, any recommendations in the uk? Thanks
  3. C

What car does your partner drive?

2014 seat Leon fr 1.8
  4. C

Why oh why (handsfree vs. Car price)

Wasn't the cayenne replaced around 2013, it's normal in the latest generations of cars but a manufacturers change their models at different times?
  5. C

VW Rotary alloy wheels on GTI

In nearly 20 years of owning cars I've never modified one from the outside. I've upgraded ICE, fitted bluetooth etc. The closest i've ever come to replacing alloy wheels was i put alloys on my first car to replace the steel wheels on there - but i used ones it would have come fitted with had the...
  6. C

speakers in a 2014 GTI

Done suppose anyone knows the part code for the rear speakers in a UK 5dr GTI? my passenger side one crackles a little so i'd like to replace it. Cheers Chris
  7. C

Discover navigation pro map updates - how long does it take

As the title really.. I generally only do short journeys so curious how long the update is likely to take. Cheers
  8. C

UK warranty when changing wheels

Does anyone here have any experience of this? or should i contact VW for a definitive answer? Not the biggest fan of the std rims, but couldnt spec the 19's wih a sunroof so am thinking about breaking the habit of a lifetime - have a car thats not 100% stock!! I really like the VW racing ones...
  9. C

Fuel flap not popping open

Is this a common issue, or just mine? I've noticed the last few times I've filled up that you press it in, but the flap doesn't open. Also noticed the rear drivers side door doesn't always close either
  10. C

What Brand TV do you have?

Panasonic plasma downstairs, an lg lcd in the bedroom, and a lg led in the bathroom
  11. C

Squeaky / squealy and clunky rear brakes

I've seen a few threads about this, thought i'd post my experiences and rather than reply to one or more, i'd start my own thread. I picked up my car, a PP GTI last January, it was a build week 51 or 52 from memory, i know it was built post the Q4 changes. mid feb i had a company properly sort...
  12. C

lights when cornering

I got my GTI in January when it was dark early, and one feature i liked was when turning into side roads etc it would light up that corner. I've not driven much in the dark over the summer, but at some point this feature has stopped. does anyone know if you can enable / disable this, been...
  13. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Drove from Newcastle to manchester - did have a child seat in the back for a couple of hours, that was new.
  14. C

GolfMK7.com on Tapatalk

Heh Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. C

Marks on storage flap on dash

Anyone else finding marks appearing on both sides of the flap behind the gearstick?