GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

lights when cornering

slush.puppie

Ready to race!
I got my GTI in January when it was dark early, and one feature i liked was when turning into side roads etc it would light up that corner. I've not driven much in the dark over the summer, but at some point this feature has stopped.

does anyone know if you can enable / disable this, been through the menus but cant see anything obvious..

do you have your fog lights on? i believe the corner lights stop coming on when your fog lights are on.

GazGTD

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you in Eco or individual mode? They don't work at all in eco mode, and need to be switched on in the setup menu for then to work in individual mode.

Chr15b

Ready to race!
Are you in Eco or individual mode? They don't work at all in eco mode, and need to be switched on in the setup menu for then to work in individual mode.

ahh... you could be right.

When i got the car i had it in normal all the time, my wife got a mk3 leon and i wasnt keen on the delay or lag when setting off. however i soon realised on my short commute it makes about 10mpg difference so i've been using mostly eco for the last few months..

Cheers, will give it a test

slush.puppie

Ready to race!
Oh yeah I know I'm just wondering why it's seen as a nice touch and why it's useful lol when you're reversing and the lights are at the front.

they illuminate to the side, which can help you keep from side-swiping something while reversing and turning, like in/out of a parallel parking spot.

when reversing and turning you'll often glance back and forth between the rear window and the side window of the direction you're turning.

Stripey

Ready to race!

Definitely do work in Eco, as I'm in Eco constantly and the static cornering lights always come on when they're supposed to. They appear to work in all modes on mine. Must be another reason why they don't work on yours?

Stripey

Ready to race!
I have the xenons. And static cornering definitely works in Eco! Unless the 'not working in Eco' is a new feature as mine is 18 months old now?

Although of your 2 video links, my static cornering lights are the halogen version. The difference may be that I have xenons, but not got dynamic light assist (but do have static cornering!)

Last edited: