GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daks' GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802177003123.html

Message them with whatever customization you want. Go crazy.

Make sure to change the shipping to FedEx. Don't go with any wonky "AliExpress shipping". Don't pay attention to the date ranges, just the actual shipping service. You want FedEx IP, DHL, or UPS shipping.

1709053371578.png

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I just ordered from these guys:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803864519348.html

Slightly cheaper, communication has been top notch with them. I just got the message they completed the wheel today so I'll let you know how it looks once it arrives.

I also ordered this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/195752163247 because I wanted to do away with the "aluminum" trim ring and I like the look of the piano black more than the CF trim ring. That came in yesterday

20240226_155417_resized.jpg

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I just ordered from these guys:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803864519348.html

Slightly cheaper, communication has been top notch with them. I just got the message they completed the wheel today so I'll let you know how it looks once it arrives.

Maybe... I know it was for you, at least. But it ties back in to what I mentioned, and something I've been preaching forever.

On the value of the listing alone, it's cheaper when you use the janky AliExpress shipping, at $93.

1709061637737.png

The cheapest reputable shipping they offer, jumps to $265.

1709061668543.png

Wheel + reputable shipping (based on the listing alone) puts it more expensive than other sellers for wheel + reputable shipping. I know you sweet talked them into reputable shipping for free, and outside of that, you trust your luck with jank Zhong Zhong shipping.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I will order a steering wheel from the link @Acadia18 sent. I will do perforated leather top and bottom and regular leather on the sides. Similar to the MK6R steering wheel, which was my fav.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have not ordered a steering wheel but I've been using their wonky/jank shipping lately and I've been receiving things in 7-10 days to Los Angeles. It has been really surprising, 4 separate orders in the last few months. Nothing I needed urgently or expected soon, and it all showed before or in the first 2 days of their estimated delivery window.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I have not ordered a steering wheel but I've been using their wonky/jank shipping lately and I've been receiving things in 7-10 days to Los Angeles. It has been really surprising, 4 separate orders in the last few months. Nothing I needed urgently or expected soon, and it all showed before or in the first 2 days of their estimated delivery window.

Temu has forced them to up their shipping game a bit. I don't mind the AliExpress shipping for smaller, cheaper things.

But if I'm paying $300 - $400 for a steering wheel or some tail lights?

FedEx or UPS, please.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You've got to become less risk-averse :LOL:.

WORKING IN RISK MANAGEMENT IS LITERALLY MY CAREER :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Most of it isn't a matter of risk, but impatience lol. The more expensive an item is, the faster I want it.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1709322492540.png

I can't be convinced that any company selling carbon fiber steering wheels (especially the ones that advertise heavily on FB\IG) aren't all just reselling the same exact ones from AliExpress\Chinese factories. It's a belief I'll take to my grave.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
View attachment 300151

I can't be convinced that any company selling carbon fiber steering wheels (especially the ones that advertise heavily on FB\IG) aren't all just reselling the same exact ones from AliExpress\Chinese factories. It's a belief I'll take to my grave.
Oh, they for sure are. Same thing happens with Amazon all the time too. They place a bulk order for cheap Chinese goods, then when they come in, they list them on Amazon with shorter shipping times at a 300% markup. A co-worker of mine actually did this with fidget spinners when they first got big and made like $5k.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I have pictures of ZenCarbon building mine. I'd be happy to share if necessary.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
What a fucking bitch. Leather off the E brake was coming off. Bought a new one to replace it. Taking the old one off is impossible. You're supposed to pull on it. Nope. No way it's going anywhere. Cut that shit.
IMG_20240301_163130.jpg

Hammer the new one on.
IMG_20240301_164751.jpg