GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Track TEMP DATA: IC and radiator combo data collection - ALL YOUR LOGS ARE BELONG TO US!

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
1694470846544.png

@tigeo

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Beat that bitches. I won. Higher is better, right?
Data added for @reverend_sean and @SierraCarrera !

Full report here: https://www.datadrivenmqb.com/drivetrain/coolingdata

Reverend_sean - our second FMIC sample for reference
View attachment 290405

SierraCarrera:
View attachment 290406

And while this isn't in the published report, I've got some other pages that are interactive to use for toggling different filters and highlighting different samples, but here's a screenshot of everything from coolest to hottest (using ECT max temps seen):

View attachment 290407

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Must be a VIR thing because I’m right there with you. Lol

tigeo

Autocross Champion
"I'm proud of the whole Kotex Tampon Team today...we ran a great HPDE....nearly won the highest temperature award in the Sportwagen which is something we'll be looking to put more effort into next time to see if we can get it into limp mode." - TiGeo, driver of the #38 Kotex Tampon Sportwagen

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Must be a VIR thing because I’m right there with you. Lol
But mine was at Dominion AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I'll be at VIR 2x in Nov and Dec so will get some data....also will likely be cooler outside at that time. I'm not sure that the smaller tracks actually don't increase the issue if you are constantly at high RPM and not moving through the air v. fast to provide cooling through the stack?

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
I’ll have to write some kind of calculation to run on each sample to indicate relative gradient or transient speed changes under acceleration. That might be a better indicator of stress placed on the cooling system. Or even taking peak to peak differences to all be averaged divided by the cumulative time accelerating over the time sample (with braking transients not counting towards the end value).

Will have to noodle on this some.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I’ll have to write some kind of calculation to run on each sample to indicate relative gradient or transient speed changes under acceleration. That might be a better indicator of stress placed on the cooling system. Or even taking peak to peak differences to all be averaged divided by the cumulative time accelerating over the time sample (with braking transients not counting towards the end value).

Will have to noodle on this some.
Somehow incorporate RPM?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Yep, you win a crash course in DIY engine replacement. Redeem your prize when you least suspect 😅
It's ok. I have a Chinese hookup

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I
But mine was at Dominion AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I'll be at VIR 2x in Nov and Dec so will get some data....also will likely be cooler outside at that time. I'm not sure that the smaller tracks actually don't increase the issue if you are constantly at high RPM and not moving through the air v. fast to provide cooling through the stack?
I will be there in November with Carolinas PCA.

Looks like I need to schedule the winter wonderland event with the rest of you. Lol

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Pushed a minor update today: I added vehicle speed to the general "snapshot" of every log where it was available (it scales nicely with all the temp data already displayed). Also rescaled all of the individual samples to display from 25-285 deg F.

It makes it easy to see the coolant temp increase happening partway down long straights and continuing until you let off.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17OmZvC_tlsmpFnLV45jxSy9Ocyry3ZaX/view

Example with @Mini7

1694655932609.png

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just went back and looked.

Interesting that the crazy high coolant also corresponded with the highest avg boost