GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.0 Engine Problems

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Lots of Audi and Volkswagen models wear a 2.0T badge on their hindquarters. It refers to a powerful 2.0-L turbocharged and direct-injected gasoline engine, one that can present a cluster headache for owners. Between the high-pressure fuel pump failures, short-lived ignition coils and the chronic carbon buildup, the cost of German parts and repairs can shock and awe.

The chain-driven TSI engines – model years 2009 and up with a “C” engine code – are reputed to be more reliable than the previous belt-driven 2.0T. But neglecting the lower timing-chain tensioner on the 2.0-L engine can result in catastrophic damage when the chain jumps the timing Some VW Tiguan owners have paid $10,000 for replacement engines. The fragile plastic water pump is another source of mechanical failure.

Audi and parent company Volkswagen had to settle a class-action lawsuit with owners of 2.0T-powered models that consumed motor oil at voracious rates. The lawsuit alleges 126,000 Audis have defects in their turbocharged engines that cause the vehicles to guzzle oil. The affected vehicles are the 2009-2010 Audi A4 and A5, and the 2011 Audi A4, A5 and Q5 sport utility with the engine code CAEB.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Yeah I had my plastic water pump warrantied at 20k for the metal revision.

Going somewhere with this thread?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I noticed the referenced cars were mostly from the '11 model year. Correct me if I'm wrong but it was my understanding that those cars aren't running the third gen ea888 found in our cars. I mean if that's the case, how much of this info is actually applicable to the mk7?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Gotta keep that post count up. Lol

Pikkagtr

Ready to race!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
So MK7 chain tensioners and water pumps are superior to 2014's? If anyone has that documentation I'd love to see it.

You all know how vehicle manufacturers are, it can take years for problems to become apparent to enough owners to complain, and even longer for them to do anything about it. But, hey, no problem, if you want to drive with your heads in the sand (Millennials will probably need to look up the term) that's your business.

Juggar

Ready to race!
(Millennials will probably need to look up the term).

Good way to get half the forum to hate you lol.

Everyone knows that idiom, young or old.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
INGREDIENTS:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1 (15 oz) can Libby’s Organic Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup Libby’s Organic Sweet Corn, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Cilantro Lime Quinoa
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
10 burrito-sized flour tortillas
Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip, for serving

DIRECTIONS:
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the peppers, black beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, and cilantro. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the fresh lime juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Place a few spoonfuls of cilantro lime quinoa in the center of a tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then add the shredded cheese, and bean/corn mixture down the center of the quinoa. Roll burritos, by folding over the ends and rolling up. Continue making the rest of the burritos.
Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle pan over medium heat. Arrange burritos, seam-side down, in pan or griddle and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Serve warm with Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip.
Note: You don’t want to fill the burritos too full or they will be hard to roll up. You can also use Cilantro Lime Rice, instead of the quinoa.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
^ thanks for posting something useful in this thread.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
INGREDIENTS:

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 small yellow onion, diced

1 clove garlic, minced

1/2 cup diced red bell pepper

1/2 cup diced green bell pepper

1 (15 oz) can Libby’s Organic Black Beans, rinsed and drained

1/2 cup Libby’s Organic Sweet Corn, rinsed and drained

1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Juice of 1/2 lime

Salt and black pepper, to taste

Cilantro Lime Quinoa

2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

10 burrito-sized flour tortillas

Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip, for serving

DIRECTIONS:

In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the peppers, black beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, and cilantro. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the fresh lime juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Place a few spoonfuls of cilantro lime quinoa in the center of a tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then add the shredded cheese, and bean/corn mixture down the center of the quinoa. Roll burritos, by folding over the ends and rolling up. Continue making the rest of the burritos.

Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle pan over medium heat. Arrange burritos, seam-side down, in pan or griddle and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Serve warm with Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip.

Note: You don’t want to fill the burritos too full or they will be hard to roll up. You can also use Cilantro Lime Rice, instead of the quinoa.

There are 2 types of people in this world: those who like cilantro and those who don’t!

It is my food kryptonite.

There are also people who make “there are 2 types of people” statements ...and those who don’t. ??