GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Roll-Control Lowering Springs Now Available (MK7 GTI)

JD-1

Ready to race!
Wow it looks good. I was considering just getting a MSS kit.. but its super expensive. Not as low as the images APR had earlier lol

Renck

Ready to race!
Measurements (best I was able to do):

APR Springs Measurements.JPG

nype

Drag Racing Champion

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Wow it looks good. I was considering just getting a MSS kit.. but its super expensive. Not as low as the images APR had earlier lol

As you likely read, the APR provided pics are w 19” wheels and tires.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
As you likely read, the APR provided pics are w 19” wheels and tires.

That car had 235/35-19 which has a lil bit more of it’s wheel gap eliminated due to overall diameter increasing.

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

I like the look but definitely more than the APR advertised 1/2 - 3/4" drop, that's at least a 1" drop all around. To bad, I really wanted no more than 3/4".

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Renck,
Just curious what % window tint you have on the front and rear windows? I like the look!

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Thanks for measuring, Renck! I can only imagine that those numbers will go up a bit in the coming weeks as the springs settle as well. My ED springs were about 1.25" after a few weeks. Not sure these will settle that far, but definitely more than the numbers advertised.

I like the look but definitely more than the APR advertised 1/2 - 3/4" drop, that's at least a 1" drop all around. To bad, I really wanted no more than 3/4".

Agreed. APR might need to invest in a new ruler.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Are you using the APR springs with the OEM shocks and dampers? So only thing changed was the springs and nothing else?

Renck

Ready to race!
Renck,
Just curious what % window tint you have on the front and rear windows? I like the look!

Sorry my friend, tint was already at the car when I purchased and I did't ask. My bad!

Thanks for measuring, Renck! I can only imagine that those numbers will go up a bit in the coming weeks as the springs settle as well. My ED springs were about 1.25" after a few weeks. Not sure these will settle that far, but definitely more than the numbers advertised.

Agreed. APR might need to invest in a new ruler.

Yeah, not sure. But, I'll post back in a week or so. I'll be changing wheels and tires, so I'll try to do that before changing the setup.

Commute from Suwanee to Midtown via 141, 285 and 85/75 was good. I would say springs are around 15% stiffer than stock (IMHO).

Are you using the APR springs with the OEM shocks and dampers? So only thing changed was the springs and nothing else?

Yes sir, only springs were changed at the car.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Interesting results. Curious to see how much the numbers drop as well.

But the fractions are hurting my pre-coffee Monday morning brain.

Wish I had done this with my recent DG springs install.

Renck

Ready to race!
Interesting results. Curious to see how much the numbers drop as well.

But the fractions are hurting my pre-coffee Monday morning brain.

Wish I had done this with my recent DG springs install.

Well, I tried to provide as much accurate measures as I can. Do you have issues reading them, imagine me trying to take those.........:p

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Well, I tried to provide as much accurate measures as I can. Do you have issues reading them, imagine me trying to take those.........:p

No man, I was kidding about preferring decimal points over fractions. All good.

☕