GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Product release - Driver side air intake scoop

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Just a comment to add to the discussion... I love this extra intake grill/scoop idea and believe in the in the benefits. I like some of George AB's comments too... I think the vw oem intake block from the e-golf isnt a good move though. To me, that blocks air flow when moving to the rest of the engine bay. I think there should be a perpendicular block instead that the allows fresh air to enter the bay but disallows the oem intake to pull air from the bay...

Good thoughts. Living in the Northwest, I am not too concerned, but your point is valid and someone who lives in a hotter climate may want to consider.

This is where I got the idea from: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17170 I noticed the cold air intakes on the market do not seem to put too much attention on air cooling the engine. http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17170 This intake claims to decrease inlet temperature by 26°F.

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
I installed that GTD piece & noticed my IAT increased drastically, it was pretty bad around 160-170º on a 70º evening. This could have something to do with the diesel wanting warmer iat? opposite of our motors.

Granted this is WITHOUT the driver side inlet ramp, which may change the air flow characteristics.

I've since removed the GTD piece but will do more testing once i get my ram grille inlet installed.

Last edited:

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Ok guys I am done taking preorder sales. Here is a picture of some of the options. Remember if you have a hole already cut you will need to contact me with measurements for a special fit.

I will be shipping out just the top vents first.

I am having someone with a bigger aftermarket intercooler than myself test the scoop fitment to ensure it clears the inners under the vent.

Thank you everyone for your orders and support. I will open up sales again after I clear out some orders.

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
I didn't see your PM until now. Am I too late?

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Matt,

So to verify, you are shipping top vents out?

I have an existing hole cut; however, it is exact size of existing cutout on other side so it should be fine.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Yes i have already started shipping out a few. I just ask everyone to remember I am not a business, I am just a regular guy who makes these after work and in my free time.

thanks!

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Sweet. Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Please let us know when your ready to begin taking more orders.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Did you notify the people you were shipping to? Just trying to gauge where I am on the list?

shamibal

Passed Driver's Ed
Will this work with a golf r. My car doesn't have vents on either side like the gti does.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Will this work with a golf r. My car doesn't have vents on either side like the gti does.

Pop your hood and take a picture of the front of the grill from a foot back. I am not sure where the Golf R intakes its air from. If the intake system looks like the same system for the GTI then it should work.

mk6-k

Ready to race!
Hi, I received the the grate plate today, pulled the grill, drilled and cut the hole, looks good, almost like it belongs there. I won't be driving today or tomorrow, we have rain and snow again, lol. Great job, thanks for a smoking deal!!!