GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

airjor13

Ready to race!
We can tune the clubsport. We have tuned plenty of IS38 GTIs. My friends, (stratified tunes) dynod at 375whp I believe

:waving hand!: that’s me buddy, loving the power!

Last edited:

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
Stratified is the way to go if you aren't going to use 5150. Freektune is far behind in the game when it comes to Cobb tuning. Just my opinion.

5150 = max power

Stratified = great for daily, but with power in mind

Freektune = Walmart.

Walmart tune?

That’s cute.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Walmart tune?

That’s cute.
Good is38 numbers. Is 20 seems a bit low considering it's w/m. I don't think anyone's questioned the power from freek. Care to share a log though?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Walmart tune?

That’s cute.
Looks like he has matured his tunes for the MQB. The comment was warranted based on his earlier performances.

I'm happy to eat my boot, which appears warranted in this case. Nom nom [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Good is38 numbers. Is 20 seems a bit low considering it's w/m. I don't think anyone's questioned the power from freek. Care to share a log though?

Solid numbers, for both is20 and is38.

Just to clarify for people who haven't seen the original post, that graph is of a Hybrid IS38 with Water Meth injection.

Attachments

• 20180313140521446.jpeg
    20180313140521446.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 477
Last edited:

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Here's an update. It's been a rough week or 2. The tuning process was put on hold for a few days because I either got a shitty batch of gas or possibly (no idea how) accidently filled up with 87. It was knock city instantly. I had to stay out of boost and get that gas out. I diluted it with 93 and threw in some e85 and it cleaned up nicely. I needed to get all of that gas out before I did logs on the recent revision to make sure it wasnt beefed up runs. Now everything is running very smoothly. On top of all that bs it's been oddly cold in Florida lol days in the 50s and 60s so I didn't want to take logs 30 and 40 degrees colder than it usually is. Finally I took a few logs and it's solid. Small corrections here and there. I believe we're at the end of 93. With it being cooler outside my tires are not as sticky as usually. Mixed with the tq of this tune its spinning like crazy during the 3rd gear pull. A few times I needed to log with traction on. We'll see what Alex comes up with next.

https://datazap.me/u/cameron1292/stratified-v7?log=0&data=4-7

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Here's an update. It's been a rough week or 2. The tuning process was put on hold for a few days because I either got a shitty batch of gas or possibly (no idea how) accidently filled up with 87. It was knock city instantly. I had to stay out of boost and get that gas out. I diluted it with 93 and threw in some e85 and it cleaned up nicely. I needed to get all of that gas out before I did logs on the recent revision to make sure it wasnt beefed up runs. Now everything is running very smoothly. On top of all that bs it's been oddly cold in Florida lol days in the 50s and 60s so I didn't want to take logs 30 and 40 degrees colder than it usually is. Finally I took a few logs and it's solid. Small corrections here and there. I believe we're at the end of 93. With it being cooler outside my tires are not as sticky as usually. Mixed with the tq of this tune its spinning like crazy during the 3rd gear pull. A few times I needed to log with traction on. We'll see what Alex comes up with next.

https://datazap.me/u/cameron1292/stratified-v7?log=0&data=4-7

I hear you, I've gotten gas from 3 different Shell stations in the area (within 40 miles of each other) in the last 2 weeks.

One was perfectly clean, one had 2-3 degrees of sustained knock in all cylinders, and one was halfway in between.

Fucking pump gas.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I hear you, I've gotten gas from 3 different Shell stations in the area (within 40 miles of each other) in the last 2 weeks.

One was perfectly clean, one had 2-3 degrees of sustained knock in all cylinders, and one was halfway in between.

Fucking pump gas.
It was a mobile by my work that I always get it from. I doubt I got 87. I havnt bought 87 in years. I've always had mercedes and got 93. It's possible I guess. Either way it was 87 or bad gas. I was getting correction in the 7s on pulls it was rough. That splash of corn helped real quick though lol

Hoon

Autocross Champion
It was a mobile by my work that I always get it from. I doubt I got 87. I havnt bought 87 in years. I've always had mercedes and got 93. It's possible I guess. Either way it was 87 or bad gas. I was getting correction in the 7s on pulls it was rough. That splash of corn helped real quick though lol

Damn 7 degrees! :eek:

I highly doubt you got 87 after years of 93. Probably shit fuel...nothing a little corn can't fix, but I understand the frustration of delaying the tuning process!

Luckily I have unleaded 100 octane from the pump right on my way home from work, so there's a quick solution when I inevitably find myself in the same situation.

The only E85 pump (currently E65) is inconvenient but I'm still tuning on E30 anyway

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Damn 7 degrees! :eek:

I highly doubt you got 87 after years of 93. Probably shit fuel...nothing a little corn can't fix, but I understand the frustration of delaying the tuning process!

Luckily I have unleaded 100 octane from the pump right on my way home from work, so there's a quick solution when I inevitably find myself in the same situation.

The only E85 pump (currently E65) is inconvenient but I'm still tuning on E30 anyway
That's what I said lol I shit myself. It was a day after I did some logs with zero knock. Now I was getting horrible knock on driving moderately aggressive. I don't think I've ever seen 100 octane down here in Florida. I have a bunch of ethanol pumps around me though lol super cheap. I drive too much for work though so I can't do an e30 tune and rely on being able to get it anywhere.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
yea gas stations can be hit or miss sometimes. The way I look for my regular station is:
1. Name brand Top Tier fuel - the added additives keep the engine cleaner
2. A nice/wealthy area - A nicer area, people are going to have higher end cars that require 93 octane
3. a busy street- a busy area is going to have more people stopping by for gas, so they go through gas more often so it's likely to be fresher gas not sitting in the pumps.

I've been using almost exclusively Costco gas the last 3 months and my corrections have dropped a lot. Plus costco gas is dirt cheap. 50-60 cents cheaper per gallon over shell/exxon

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
yea gas stations can be hit or miss sometimes. The way I look for my regular station is:
1. Name brand Top Tier fuel - the added additives keep the engine cleaner
2. A nice/wealthy area - A nicer area, people are going to have higher end cars that require 93 octane
3. a busy street- a busy area is going to have more people stopping by for gas, so they go through gas more often so it's likely to be fresher gas not sitting in the pumps.

I've been using almost exclusively Costco gas the last 3 months and my corrections have dropped a lot. Plus costco gas is dirt cheap. 50-60 cents cheaper per gallon over shell/exxon
Those are good points. I live in a bigger city but work in a really small town where I got the gas from. On ots tunes I regularly used Sam's gas. Really good discount. I don't have a Costco near me. Only thing that sucks is Sam's isn't too tier verified and you never know who they are getting their gas from at any specific time but it always ran fine. so since I've been strat tuned I've stuck to mobile and shell and racetrac gas stations for my e85.

Navi

Autocross Champion
What are kind of boost are you tapering down to at redline? I'm peaking at around 25 psi and taper down to 21 psi. Are you around the same? I figured it would be less than that lol

edit: just looked at your recent log. Looks like the same. Hoon's log looks like it tapers to around 22 psi as well. Is this normal? I noticed other tunes peak around the same but then taper down to 17-18 redline. Any benefit to this? Or irrelevant?

Last edited:

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Deleted