GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Give me your thoughts on wheels

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
I've just bought some Emmanuelle Design Springs. Will be buying gloss black VW Emblems next. And then I'll be looking at wheels.

My car is the deep pearl black, so far from my limited research I seem to like rotiform BLQ's quite a bit.

These two pics have stood out to me:

What do you guys think? Looking for opinions on basically everything. Not sure if I should go with 18's or 19's, what color I'd like, or which set of rims.

TBH I really like the pic of the black BLQ's. I've always loved black on black but got slightly turned off after browsing these forums and the general dislike for the combo.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
TBH I really like the pic of the black BLQ's. I've always loved black on black but got slightly turned off after browsing these forums and the general dislike for the combo.

I have a soft spot for Rotiform's. The BLQ's look really nice. Everyone has different feelings about color combos. I've always been a fan of murdering out everything. Told myself I wouldn't do it with this car, so I got the CSGM, but I've been thinking that would just make murdering out the rest look that much better.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Well, if you are asking opinions...
I hate black wheels.
I also dislike full black badges. Loses depth.

I'm with you.
The black thing is played out.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Love black wheels and black badges on silver or black cars, but to each their own.

As for those Rotiforms, they're pretty, but I would lean towards something more light weight.

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
Love black wheels and black badges on silver or black cars, but to each their own.

As for those Rotiforms, they're pretty, but I would lean towards something more light weight.

I'm open to suggestions! How much does weight matter on a daily driver? Will basically never track the car. From my understanding these are like 1lb lighter per wheel then the stock Austins.

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!

I wouldn't let the weight sway your vote unless you are using this car for purely performance. Yes they are heavy, but with that they can take a beating. I've had my BLQ's on for 1.5 years and I've hit some pretty interesting things that would have ruined a lightweight wheel.

Just my $0.02

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
I wouldn't let the weight sway your vote unless you are using this car for purely performance. Yes they are heavy, but with that they can take a beating. I've had my BLQ's on for 1.5 years and I've hit some pretty interesting things that would have ruined a lightweight wheel.

Just my $0.02

Can you shoot over some pics?

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Not a fan of too much black anything. Except I tend to like it on Red cars. I guess that's why my GTi is RED...lol.

I prefer the silver badging, vs. other colors. Not a fan of the wheels, but as Faceman said, maybe look for something lighter that appeals.

These esthetic things are very personal so do what you think looks nice.

Pingers

Ready to race!
^Those wheels are sex. Can we end the thread here. :D

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
Here are a few for you!

Looks amazing :) Would you recommend me get the 19s or the 18s like you? Don't think my car would be as low - ED springs are about 1.2" drop

Personally like these a lot more then the typical RSe12 and VMR's that we keep seeing

Still very open to other options though

riambink

Passed Driver's Ed
The roads must be pristine where you guys live. I'm still on stock 16" and have to swerve around the road to avoid all the pot holes. I'm jealous

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!
Looks amazing :)

Personally like these a lot more then the typical RSe12 and VMR's that we keep seeing

Still very open to other options though

If I move to any other wheel it will be the VMR 801's (LINK)