GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trim my GTI for me

nellborg

"hoons".... ????

Lots of choices on cars.com for a GTI. Still thinking of going the autobahn route for no good reason.

Anyway, anyone have an experience buying from Leeburg VW just outside Kansas City, or from Lindsey VW of Dulles, near DC? I've asked for a cash out-the-door price from each and will wait and compare. Can I assume that the "out-the-door" cash prices, not counting taxes and title which I pay once I register it in my home state, are comparable?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I worked with almost all dealers in that area and finally got mine from Stohlman.

Ask the dealers for total price including all charges but without tax and title for a better comparison.
MSRP
Selling price
Incentives applied
Destination fee
Documentation fee
Total price

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I think VW pleather is shit. It will stretch out quickly and look like all these other peoples cars on YouTube. Get plaid cloth. They don't make anything higher than a base in cloth. Special order

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

To bad they do not option a leather seat with cloth inserts on the bottom and back. Best of both.

nellborg

Interesting - I now have copies of three '17 autobahns in my area. MSRP's of two are similar but the third is 800 less. The two more expensive ones list DCC under packages/options, and the lesser expensive one does not...

So, a '17 autobahn without DCC? Is this an early production autobahn made when it was an option and they started automatically including it on the others?

All have the same MSRP of 33,295. Options, destination charge added on from there.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Interesting - I now have copies of three '17 autobahns in my area. MSRP's of two are similar but the third is 800 less. The two more expensive ones list DCC under packages/options, and the lesser expensive one does not...

So, a '17 autobahn without DCC? Is this an early production autobahn made when it was an option and they started automatically including it on the others?

All have the same MSRP of 33,295. Options, destination charge added on from there.

There are some builds that we aren't quite sure what VW was doing early on in production. There are some 2017 SEs without lighting package and they are $1,000 less than MSRP for an SE as buil on VWs website. I think I recall on early 2017 autobahns sometimes not being built with DCC. Good idea to check the sticker and compare to vw.com. Definitely sounds like one of those doesn't have it.

nellborg

When I test drove the '17 autobahn with DCC, we had to make a hard right turn up into a parking lot and there was about 1" difference in height between the two, with the parking lot being higher. I slightly braced for a bump but the transition was nearly seamless. Half an hour later, I did the same turn at the same speed in the '16 S, and it was a noticeable bump with slight shudder - not bad, just different. That sold me on the DCC. If it has potential for a smoother and softer ride at times, then my wife won't complain that it feels like a race car.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
When I test drove the '17 autobahn with DCC, we had to make a hard right turn up into a parking lot and there was about 1" difference in height between the two, with the parking lot being higher. I slightly braced for a bump but the transition was nearly seamless. Half an hour later, I did the same turn at the same speed in the '16 S, and it was a noticeable bump with slight shudder - not bad, just different. That sold me on the DCC. If it has potential for a smoother and softer ride at times, then my wife won't complain that it feels like a race car.

Does that only apply to Comfort mode?

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly DCC is. From what I can tell, all GTIs have Normal and Sport mode, and DCC just adds Comfort mode. Is that right?