GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stealthy is38 install

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
That’s with the oem parts now.

However, the shop will be looking at the wheels and suspension tomorrow since it went into a ditch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since those are nice wheels, it sounds to be like your suspension just got wrecked :cool:

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Scratched wheels should put you over with the cost of replacement or refinishing plus mounting and balancing the tires.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
That’s with the oem parts now.

However, the shop will be looking at the wheels and suspension tomorrow since it went into a ditch.

Looks like you'll need to hit about 17.5k for it to be totaled. Maybe once they check out the wheels and suspension they can find the remaining 1.5k. Make sure that they check the subframes, shocks, springs, end-links, steering rack, LCA's, etc.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Absolutely.

Many body shops have a "hammer of doom" for these types of situations.

Work something out with the shop.

OP, no one here would ever advocate you try to scam an insurance company, that would be illegal and immoral. Please don't do this!

Just take an extra careful look at it tonight when you get home. Wouldn't hurt to have a hammer with you in case someone tries to steal it while you check out the frame, control arms, etc with the advice of a good trusted auto body guy. Just to see if they missed anything underneath.

Knew someone who double checked like this and it turned out much worse than the insurance company thought. Who knew!

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Yeah the shop is going to check that tomorrow. I’m just going to be a dick because the adjusters love not returning calls or giving me any info

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I was gonna say that doesn't Allstate have "new car replacement" (from the commercials), but a quick Google looks like it might be an option on the policy?

And you're not fighting them for the OEM parts, are you? Since it's a 2017, don't they "have to" use OEM stuff since it's newer (less than a year old)

Either way...that's ridiculous that they wanna spend $17k+ to fix it

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Filed a complaint with the Department of Insurance since they want to play the blame game and say it’s my body shop dragging their feet.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Might force them to total it. My friend who was an adjuster said to make their lives hell to get what you want. I posted on their social media as well about the situation.

Mk72015

Ready to race!
Hit a curb in my GTI, no airbags or anything like that, ended up totaling it out over $17K in damage, from I thought was just going to be a new control arm and fender lol...

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Assuming the car is in the shop and being dismantled, what happens if Allstate totals the car at this point? Would you be able to retrieve the recently upgraded parts? How does that work once the car is not in your possession? Just curious.

It has not been touched yet as they are saying it’s totaled as is and insurance is insisting they tear it down.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Allstate is sending somebody Tuesday to the shop. From the department I talked to it looks like it “may be totaled” they contacted since they received my complaint from NC department of insurance. :)