GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Those with o2 spacers and CEL free

Joel

Ready to race!
Still CEL free with the new spacer.
Only put about 60 more miles on it though.
Will check readiness again this weekend.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Looks at workbench and sees brass washer.

dumbass

oh well.

Uh oh - forgot the washer for the spacer?

You think it's going to leak?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I'm CEL free on the ATP pipe with no spacer for about 200 miles, 150 of them on e30. We'll see how long it lasts.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Uh oh - forgot the washer for the spacer?

You think it's going to leak?

Mine doesn’t leak and didn’t come with a washer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
This is pretty newb but what would be the most obvious sign if the spacer or a vband clamp is leaking?

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
This is pretty newb but what would be the most obvious sign if the spacer or a vband clamp is leaking?

A hissing sound, if you throw a damp cloth on it and the sound goes away it’s leaking. After a while you’ll see carbon deposits built up on the exterior, it’ll be louder around the leak

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any other signs

If I do a cold start, and put my hand near the o2 spacer, should I be able to feel any escaping gas (if there is a leak)?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any other signs

If I do a cold start, and put my hand near the o2 spacer, should I be able to feel any escaping gas (if there is a leak)?

I wouldn't even try that. The DP gets very hot very fast. If you can't see exhaust with a flashlight down there then there is likely no leak.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
I wouldn't even try that. The DP gets very hot very fast. If you can't see exhaust with a flashlight down there then there is likely no leak.

If I can't see any exhaust gasses with a flashlight, then there no leak, correct?

Didn't know you could visually see them that way.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Definitely. When I installed my DP I didn't have a 6mm allen socket, just a key. Good luck tightening that vband with a key. It smoked pretty good until I could crank it down.

Good to know, i’ll inspect with a flashlight to make sure! Thanks