Buy the audiamant adapter

But I think I can do the adapter

When I have the lights I test

I am from Spain I use google translator

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
"The end result" as in functionality of the tail lights? If so, first post has a YouTube link to show the functionality. It's the same as what anyone here with a completed installation can show you.
Installation of the harness: I followed the same wire/harness routing procedures seen in installation videos of the old LED tail lights on YouTube. It's the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
Can the "old type" harness be re-provisioned (with pin swaps?), to meet the new style setup? What is different from the "old style" LED BEC harness (as an example) to the new style for these 17.5 tail lights?
Is all the work worth it?
I know I've been down this road before (asking questions), but now that the harness has been 'perfected' so to speak, and any 'issues' that were discussed with alternate providers, etc., is this a simple install new harness, pop out and in the tail lights, reprogram with OBDEleven (or alternate tool)?
Will the functionality be equal to the OEM tail lights issued on newer 17.5 cars or will there be certain things it will not be able to do?

zvwggtip09

Passed Driver's Ed
Arrived today. Now I just need to wait for the harness. [emoji51]

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Can the "old type" harness be re-provisioned (with pin swaps?), to meet the new style setup? What is different from the "old style" LED BEC harness (as an example) to the new style for these 17.5 tail lights?
Is all the work worth it?
I know I've been down this road before (asking questions), but now that the harness has been 'perfected' so to speak, and any 'issues' that were discussed with alternate providers, etc., is this a simple install new harness, pop out and in the tail lights, reprogram with OBDEleven (or alternate tool)?
Will the functionality be equal to the OEM tail lights issued on newer 17.5 cars or will there be certain things it will not be able to do?

Audiamant has modules on the adapters that control the dynamic blinker. Not sure about Jeremy’s as I haven’t received mine yet but basically all these new adapters have some ability to regulate/control the dynamic blinker. The biggest reason why the old harnesses won’t work is because the connectors on the tail lights are different this time around, they literally won’t fit into the tail lights. Once set up they will work exactly as OEM. Wire the harness, install new lights, code and done.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I emailed cars245 asking if they could give the lights at the old price. They replied asking my target price. Told them $535. Fingers crossed!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Oh man...good thing I didn't jump on the current LED tails. I think it'll be be worth to drop the extra cash on the 7.5's.

NCR-R

Ready to race!
Audiamant has modules on the adapters that control the dynamic blinker. Not sure about Jeremy’s as I haven’t received mine yet but basically all these new adapters have some ability to regulate/control the dynamic blinker. The biggest reason why the old harnesses won’t work is because the connectors on the tail lights are different this time around, they literally won’t fit into the tail lights. Once set up they will work exactly as OEM. Wire the harness, install new lights, code and done.

Jeremy's doesn't have the modules like the Audiamant's do but they do work perfect for the dynamic blinker. Had mine in for about a week now and zero issues with the harness.

07silverbullet

Passed Driver's Ed
Jeremy's doesn't have the modules like the Audiamant's do but they do work perfect for the dynamic blinker. Had mine in for about a week now and zero issues with the harness.
Jeremy's harness should be the go to harness period for North American cars! Works flawlessly, great price, and great guy [emoji106]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nsknick

Ready to race!
Just got my harness from Jeremy (Jbale), very well packaged, and comes with very clear instructions on how to install and code. Will be installing this weekend!