GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

F*** IT About to just go pick up my Golf R on Wednesday

Mr Golf R

Ready to race!
Since Trump announced on Monday, his plans to put a 35% tariff on ALL vehicles imported from Germany, I would think all future Golf R owners should plan accordingly......

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
So I really didn't wanna purchase my golf r until after winter was over because of salt/snow .. But Lindsey Vw in VA has my exact model I want in white with DSG AND offering it at MSRP of 40,100 before taxes and fees which is pretty great deal for the Auto .. & honestly after reading up on all these forums today I just don't know if I can wait another month , WANT MY BABY NOW lol

Work on that price. A member of the Capital GTI FB group is also getting an R at Lindsay and he is paying $3K under MSRP. He said they had 17 (as in seventeen cars, not 2017) R's in stock when he posted, which was Jan 5th, and $3K under sticker was the going rate.

mwhittaker1

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wanted to chime in-

I did a huge amount of shopping around the Philly area for my R over the past two weeks. Lindsay was NOT my best deal by FAR. They were a good grand off of other deals I was able to find.

They took 3k off the MSRP, but then tacked on $1,600 of dealer/destination fees, then they would only finance doing VW financing quoted @4.5%... no thank you. I have a 790 credit score.

I was at $39.9+TTT@2.69% before I agreed to a sale.

defcon5

Ready to race!
Since Trump announced on Monday, his plans to put a 35% tariff on ALL vehicles imported from Germany, I would think all future Golf R owners should plan accordingly......

The hype alone could very well drive up the demand resulting in higher dealer asking price.

Mike A.

Ready to race!
But Lindsey Vw in VA has my exact model I want in white with DSG AND offering it at MSRP of 40,100 before taxes and fees which is pretty great deal for the Auto

They have 2017 Golf R's listed on their website for ~$3k below MSRP.

Russooo

Ready to race!
Update !

So Lindsey is BY FAR THE BEST DEAL FOR THE 2017 AUTO DSG I've called dealerships all over from PA to Mass VA JERSEY NY none can even come close match for the auto most are $1,000 above ... LINDSEY has it listed for 38,615 + 820 freight + 560 dealer and registration fees .. I'm at MSRP OF $39,997 than add in my CT sales tax at 6.35% which is 2,600 .. I'm walking out the door with my New car for $42,567 .. Please anyone tell me if you were able to beat that price FOR DSG NOT MANUAL

Picking up my car Monday ! Putting $500 deposit on car today :)

Last edited:

Russooo

Ready to race!
Don't we have at least a few administrators around here? Lets keep it clean. Totally inappropriate title.

And acromion your joking right ���� Title is inappropriate ??? What are you in 5th grade , give me a break , sorry I'm a bit excited about purchasing my new car and being first time golf R owner

Russooo

Ready to race!
So Final update

Just put down $1,000 deposit heading there Monday.. I'm walking out the door at $42,950 EVERYTHING INCLUDED putting $10,000 down payment , so I'm financing 32,950 at around 4.5 % intereste rate with credit score just over 700 .. Monthly payments around 532 ! But I'm going to be Selling the car in 2 years with about 20k miles on it should easily get 34k for it since its DSG , honestly couldn't be happier with the purchase been calling around to alot of dealerships this past week , No one coming close to this price .. #HappyNewGolfR owner :)

Will most definately post some pictures after I pick up the car !!!

Russooo

Ready to race!
So it's Offical finally a 2017 Golf R owner !! My girl photobombed the picture of my "New Baby" hah ??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 538

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Is she going to let you drive it sometimes?

Russooo

Ready to race!
Lol:p ^ this guy got jokes .. She ain't touching the driver seat atleast until ii break her in a lil bit :cool: