GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
Ok, time to play. Alltrack is12 w/ bms intake currently. Time to consult the jb4 gods so I know what to change for my upcoming is20 and catted downpipe install....

My thoughts:
Base map 6 settings
first 2 logs were about 60 degree ambient and the car pulled like a freight train, hit 18 psi at 4k according to logs.
3rd log was in 45 degree ambient also felt strong but only hit about 14-15 psi. Looked like less timing advance probably because of the cooler air (I am looking at ign1 for timing right? :)
Fuel trims are up to 42 in the warmer weather but closer to 30-35 in the cooler weather.
Afr looks fairly steady with a few small lean spikes (not the crazy spikes we know about)
A slight stumble every once in a while just driving the car normally but that just may be the ecu adapting.

Wouldn't mind pushing the is12 some more, map 6 base settings are much stronger than map 2.

https://datazap.me/u/jaypoto/map-6-base-settings?log=0&data=1-4
https://datazap.me/u/jaypoto/map-6-base-settings?log=1&data=1-4
https://datazap.me/u/jaypoto/map-6-base-settings?log=2&data=1-4-25-26-27

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
was that sarcasm? lol because george said my logs look alright even with minimal time pulling...

Not at all. I tried 92 once to see the difference. It was a noticeable drop compared to 93. I wish we still had ultra 94 here. Sunoco switched it to the 93 years ago. Back in the day it was the only gas my 400 Firebird would run on. It would ping on 93, but not on the 94

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Ok, time to play. Alltrack is12 w/ bms intake currently. Time to consult the jb4 gods so I know what to change for my upcoming is20 and catted downpipe install....

My thoughts:
Base map 6 settings
first 2 logs were about 60 degree ambient and the car pulled like a freight train, hit 18 psi at 4k according to logs.
3rd log was in 45 degree ambient also felt strong but only hit about 14-15 psi. Looked like less timing advance probably because of the cooler air (I am looking at ign1 for timing right? :)
Fuel trims are up to 42 in the warmer weather but closer to 30-35 in the cooler weather.
Afr looks fairly steady with a few small lean spikes (not the crazy spikes we know about)
A slight stumble every once in a while just driving the car normally but that just may be the ecu adapting.

Wouldn't mind pushing the is12 some more, map 6 base settings are much stronger than map 2.

https://datazap.me/u/jaypoto/map-6-base-settings?log=0&data=1-4
https://datazap.me/u/jaypoto/map-6-base-settings?log=1&data=1-4
https://datazap.me/u/jaypoto/map-6-base-settings?log=2&data=1-4-25-26-27

You need to log in third gear only. Start at 2,500 rpms and take it all the way to 6,500. Shift into fourth and keep the pedal down for another second. Boost always spikes up after the shift. Logging through the gears won't give the best information of what's going on

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
Not at all. I tried 92 once to see the difference. It was a noticeable drop compared to 93. I wish we still had ultra 94 here. Sunoco switched it to the 93 years ago. Back in the day it was the only gas my 400 Firebird would run on. It would ping on 93, but not on the 94

I stopped at a Wawa once to fill up and the best they had was 92. The attendant said he used it in his big turbo neon all the time. I was like um yea, I’ll take 10 dollars worth. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
You need to log in third gear only. Start at 2,500 rpms and take it all the way to 6,500. Shift into fourth and keep the pedal down for another second. Boost always spikes up after the shift. Logging through the gears won't give the best information of what's going on

I usually log 3-4 pulls manually but was a little excited with the map 6 settings and just started trying out the auto log feature. Going to do some 3-4 this week and see how those look...

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
Last edited:

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
Got some good info from twindad, thanks buddy. Going to push a bit more on the is12. Will plug in 17 around 3-3500 and lower it a bit at 6500. I will get some clean logs for everyone to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
excuse the silly question, have most of you guys run the USB cable into the cabin of the car?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Yea, I followed the OBDII connector then ran it under my floor mat with an extension to the passenger side.

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
i run mine through the grommet above the brake pedal and route it up and over the steering column hanging off the side of it so I can plug my phone into it when needed. Cable barely reaches my windshield cellphone mount when plugged in using my OTC cable.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I ran mine into the cubby in front of the shifter. Had to drill a hole in the back of the cubby.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Now I’m pissed that I left it in the freakin engine bay like a dummy...

Never had issues with cables melting near the master cylinder? Tried to keep things as far from one another as possible... specifically the AFR/OBD cables... and soon to be the USB

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Now I’m pissed that I left it in the freakin engine bay like a dummy...

Never had issues with cables melting near the master cylinder? Tried to keep things as far from one another as possible... specifically the AFR/OBD cables... and soon to be the USB

i literally only use my usb wen i need to so i just connect it when need run through engine hood to the top of my window and close it slightly to secure it and that’s it.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
What spark plugs is everyone running with is20 upgrade?

I have been using the Beru side firing RS7 plugs for about 8,000 miles with no issues. Pulled them out recently and they looked good still. I have a set of Denso ikh24 as well. I tried them for like a day and had issues. So I put the RS7 plugs back in. Turned out it was bad gas. I stripped a coil pack stud though, so next time they come out I'm going to have to helicoil it. Not looking forward to it. I spoke to some other guys who are big turbo gtis and they said the studs do strip easily. The threads on the studs are sloppy from the factory. They said it's a good idea to chase them when you have them out. M6x1.0 thread